• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

technical question, concerning future episodes

VW-VR6

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
19
i understand this site does NOT release episodes anymore, but maybe someone who does will read this.

DivX 6 being just out, i was wondering if the next episodes will be encoded using this fine new codec.

should be either same quality, smaller files or same sized files, better quality.

I would prefer the second choice, because 10 episodes of the current size fit on one dvd...

your thoughts?
 
Well, a lot of encoders still use Gordian Knot, so until GK supports DivX6 I think that most will be sticking to XviD
 
I thought DivX6 only has a Windows version so far, someone should release a test DivX6 video so we can see if it's MPEG-4 compatible enough that other platforms (e.g. ones using the ffmpeg library) can play it back.

Windows-only Top Gear release = :thumbsdown:
 
TechZ said:
Windows only :D

j/k

I use a DVD-Divx player hooked upto my tv, lets stick to what works for the masses for now and its still the same season going on ;) Next Season I'm sure they might consider changes.

Same position here.
 
well, I use a DVD-DivX player as well. Not sure if it will support DivX 6, maybe after a firmware update...

but next season would be ok with me, quality is good already, but I wouldn't mind if it was even better ;)
 
VW-VR6 said:
well, I use a DVD-DivX player as well. Not sure if it will support DivX 6, maybe after a firmware update...

but next season would be ok with me, quality is good already, but I wouldn't mind if it was even better ;)

It's almost like DVD image when seeing it in my Divx-Player, so not sure how it would be improved without raising the size a lot.
 
bihus said:
It's almost like DVD image when seeing it in my Divx-Player, so not sure how it would be improved without raising the size a lot.

are you talking about filesize or resolution?

if you want to know how you can improve the quality without increasing the filesize, you should ask the programmers at DivX or someone who's into compression algorithms, I don't have a clue as to how it actually works
 
bihus said:
TechZ said:
Windows only :D

j/k

I use a DVD-Divx player hooked upto my tv, lets stick to what works for the masses for now and its still the same season going on ;) Next Season I'm sure they might consider changes.

Same position here.

And here!

When will you fools learn that anyway...

And for that size, Xvid does an awesome job, won't get much better on any other codec...

Bua
 
Top