Teenaged Antics

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosispower

Anyone have any stories of stupid stuff you did when you were a teenager (car related)?

I'm 17, so I have new stories regularly.

Recently, I've taken down my friend's 2001 Honda Civic LX and another friend's 1992 Honda Accord with my Toyota Sienna minivan.
With my friend's Accord, we ended up racing up to like 75 before we backed off (in a 25 mph zone).

Another time, I was driving with 8 people in the car when some guy got pissed that I wouldn't let him in front of me. At the next stop, the guy pulls up in his 1980s Toyota Corolla station wagon (I know, minivan vs. ratty wagon) and he starts revving his engine, he turns his wipers on, he gives me this stare. My friends start egging me on and with 8 people in the car and the acceleration of matchbox car, I still end up beating him and I'm hero of the day.

Ok, some of this is going to sound very parenty, and lame, but I think it needs to be said:

- If people do list stupid things in here that they've done, that DOESN'T mean that you now have a license to do stupid things because other people have done it.

- If you absolutely have to do stupid things (because you get pressured or lured into doing so), at least take a couple of seconds to observe the road condition / traffic situation, etc... I mean things like overtaking in the wrong lane over a hill is utterly moronic for example, so if you're going to race on a two lane road (which is stupid), then at least make a rule for yourself that if you can't pass someone when it's safe, then don't, so what if you lose.

- If you do have to street race (which I don't think you should be doing), make sure you have a long wide straight street with no side streets in a non-residential area and you probably should have traffic blocked off if possible, or at the least wait until there is very little or no traffic.

- I suggest you read this thread and follow the suggestions there: http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/...=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pontiac

- Just FYI, to give you an indication what I was like (so you know that this isn't comming from a goodie two shoes) : http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7046&highlight=friggin+nuts#7046

- Honestly, take your buddies to a drag strip or autocross, it is not that much money, it is lots of fun, and you'll probably learn to drive better.

Re: Teenaged Antics

nosispower said:
we ended up racing up to like 75 before we backed off (in a 25 mph zone).

Yeah, you're cool. :roll: :x Sorry to rain on your parade, but I'm gonna side on ESPN's side here. I'm not saying I never drove fast or raced on a street, but I haven't in a long time now, and you sure wouldn't catch me bragging/telling about it on the internet. Let me guess, you watched and loved both versions of Fast and Furious? :roll: I wouldn't be surprised. Sorry, but you're fairly new, and I gotta admit, the first impressions aren't good.

yeah, let's post some real teenage antics.

i have a friend, and his parents have an orchard, where we race. a review of the cars he had so far:
- a ford orion 2.2 diesel, RWD -> a lot of fun. that one served quiet a few months, but eventually it was bumped all over, and his brother started dacing on the roof with some friend, and it totally collapsed.
- a renault R5. he had it like 3 days, and the engine blew :(
- a peugeot 309. which, one day, refused to start. we just kept trying, until the starter caught fire, the whole car burned out, luckily no trees got fire. but i can't remember ever having ran so much with buckets of water like that day
- a peugeot 205: gearbox broken
- citroen AX: we stripped it completely, gave it a bigger wheel base, and the axle broke :(
- several '89 honda civics. wright now he has 3, 1 wrecked, 1 to bad to drive and 1 with no engine, so actually, he has none :)

besides that, we're tuning scooters, 70cc 2stroke. we are with 4 guys who work on them, there are 2 scooters, one peugeot vogue converted with vario to peugeot 103, completely paintbrushed. and it goes about 70 kmh. there is sth wrong with it and we don't know what, it should be going over 100.
the second one is a piaggio zip. and this thing is insane, you go hang with all your weight over the front wheel, it's still comes from the ground. we tested it next to a honda CB600, and in first gear the bike got to be above 7000rpm to be able to get along. and in real life driving (with other cars around and stuff) there really is nothing which can keep up (besides another scooter maybe). we expect it to have somewhere between 16 and 20 hp.
but this scooter is hardly driven. it is just to sick, when you touch the throttle when turning, the front wheel goes, and you're on the floor. and also, due to the high... everything actually, every mile sth is broken. the fun of hometuning :)

Guys calm down, I called it teenaged antics for a reason. I just wanted to hear some stories, not brag about me racing my minivan.

I'm not a complete retard, the road was empty and my friends are very level headed (we go to an exam school many of us with ambitions like Harvard, MIT).

I actually have watched both FnF and I thought it was utter crap and I was pointing out the inaccuracies out loud.

Not everyone who's a bit excitable about cars is an idiot who like to yell NOS (excuse my name) and drives a lowered Integra. Don't stereotype people.

You said it yourself, you've done some stupid stuff yourself, we all have. Share some of your experiences, I started this thread because I was curious, not because I wanted to brag or to be treated like some delinquent.

Re: Teenaged Antics

nosispower said:
Anyone have any stories of stupid stuff you did when you were a teenager (car related)?

I'm 17, so I have new stories regularly.

Recently, I've taken down my friend's 2001 Honda Civic LX and another friend's 1992 Honda Accord with my Toyota Sienna minivan.
With my friend's Accord, we ended up racing up to like 75 before we backed off (in a 25 mph zone).

Another time, I was driving with 8 people in the car when some guy got pissed that I wouldn't let him in front of me. At the next stop, the guy pulls up in his 1980s Toyota Corolla station wagon (I know, minivan vs. ratty wagon) and he starts revving his engine, he turns his wipers on, he gives me this stare. My friends start egging me on and with 8 people in the car and the acceleration of matchbox car, I still end up beating him and I'm hero of the day.

What tha fuck??? Is this a forum for stupid teens or for serious people who want to discuss car-related stuff? This thread is freakin' stupid.

I had the impression this forum was for geniunly interested people that share a passion for the same thing, and not a forum for ignorant-assed kids who want to "brag" about all the wrong and immatured things they've done or want to do.

Sure I could share stories about my youth and all the wrong things I did, but if I wanted to do that - I'd go to www.I'majackassandletstalkaboutTHAT.com

Whatever...

haz

Okay, whatever. I don't care either way - this forum can be off-topic all it likes, but this is a larger flame war waiting to happen, so...

lock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.