• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Telemetry

Personally I think telemetry (the way they used to do it) clutters the screen too much and makes it less dramatic.
Maybe that's why they discontinued it? :unsure:

ESPNSTI said:
Personally I think telemetry (the way they used to do it) clutters the screen too much and makes it less dramatic.

I agree completely. Too many bells and whistles can often ruin a good thing.

ESPNSTI said:

Yeah it's hard enough playing GT3 on two player mode, let alone with all the bells and whistles.

jensked said:
bwa I don't know...just the speed seems interesting to me...

And the g-forces, and unlike nowadays they showed the complete lap

ranger_dood said:
Not any more difficult than all the cameras they hang everywhere.

You sure? A camera just has to be fixed in place. A tachometer must be connected to the ignitionsystem and I don't even know how to connect a aftermarket speedometer. Then there's some special cars. I doubt Pagani would let just any technician tinker with the Zonda for example.

there is much less drama when you know exactly the what time the car is gonna do. however a G-meter would be kinda cool to have just for the helluvit.

vanMould said:
ranger_dood said:
Not any more difficult than all the cameras they hang everywhere.

You sure? A camera just has to be fixed in place. A tachometer must be connected to the ignitionsystem and I don't even know how to connect a aftermarket speedometer. Then there's some special cars. I doubt Pagani would let just any technician tinker with the Zonda for example.

Well, if a mag like Sport Auto can do that, TG can too.

Even in a Pagani.....

yea, i know :p . but i'd rather find out right after, rather than during. It would be like hearing the end of a story while in the middle of it.

Jimi Hendrix said:
bartboy9891 said:
there is much less drama when you know exactly the
But we are talking about a motoring program, not about a thriller.

But it's no ordinary motoring program. I would much rather enjoy the lap, without a whole bunch of extra information on the screen, and get the details later. It's part of what makes Top Gear a good show, they don't treat the cars like they are purely numbers, speeds, and lap times. That type of information would lend itself better to boring car shows, not interesting ones like Top Gear.

hokiethang said:
Jimi Hendrix said:
bartboy9891 said:

But it's no ordinary motoring program. I would much rather enjoy the lap, without a whole bunch of extra information on the screen, and get the details later. It's part of what makes Top Gear a good show, they don't treat the cars like they are purely numbers, speeds, and lap times. That type of information would lend itself better to boring car shows, not interesting ones like Top Gear.

thats what I like about Top Gear... and I believe most regulars like that about Top Gear, its a motoring entertainment show, not a facts show. And this is all some noobs complain about, how come they don't show the power to weight, what functions you have... its supposed to give you very shallow information on the car, and the objective of the show is to make you laugh. If you're interested in the car after watching the show, you can reasearch it on the net or if you're gearheads, most of us would know the rough specs of the car before they show it..

^ you two get a room :roll:

Jimi Hendrix said:
bartboy9891 said:
Its no humble "motoring program" sort of like Fifth Gear is. Its all about entertainment as many people have said. It builds suspense as you wait for JC to tell the time...not that its really that suspensfull but you know what I mean :p