Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles [Stay out to avoid spoilers]

Silverstar

Car(s)
'11 Impreza STI Sedan
Well I've been looking forward to this show, not only because I've missed seeing Summer Glau since Fox was stupid and got rid of an awesome in Firefly, but I've always wanted to hear more about the story behind Skynet. Movies are good, but not always good to get the whole story.

What does everyone thinks (those who have seen it) of the first episode?

I thought it was pretty good to start out with action right away, the first scene where John gets killed, and the nuke goes of made the "oh snap!" reaction go in my head :D. I'm happy that my hopes came true that there will be more about Skynet in this show. Though I'm not sure if they are going anywhere with the little scene with Dr. Miles Dyson's family, I'd hope they continue on in the series after they time-warped ahead to 2007, since Dr. Dyson and the family did play a good part in T2.

If there's enough interest here, hopefully we can keep the thread going week to week.

Last edited:
I started watching it but after about a half hour I just couldn't stand it anymore. Would it kill them to have a shot that lasts longer than .2 milliseconds in the action scenes? Couple that with the superzoom shots and I quickly had no clue what was going on. Then they put the icing on the crappy cake with some pretty horrible (over)acting.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/13/tcats.jpg

I think along the lines that the pilots are never that great, even if they are supposed to be the episode to get everyone interested in it. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic for a couple of weeks, I think it might be pretty good in the long run.

And if it isn't? Well it'll die as quick as any trend :lol:

The pilot ep was leaked (repost?) back in July of last year. I wonder if the "final" pilot ep had any changes made to it? (I didn't watch either)

I think it's just further proof that Terminator without James Cameron sucks ass. As if T3 wasn't bad enough, this series just adds insult to injury. Much like the AvP movies, someone thought it would be a good idea to take a franchise that was good and then piss all over it.

This show has shitty acting, shitty effects, and a shitty story, it lacks everything that made the first two movies good. Terminator is not something you can turn into a weekly tv show and expect it to work.

Their big twist is that the protector is now a teenage female Terminator? :lol: Yeah ok, sure. Who wants to bet they end up playing kissy face before too long? You know, boy teaches robot how to love and care yadda yadda yadda.

The only reason to watch this show is if you need to piss yourself from laughing for 44 minutes. The only reason I can see this show staying on the air right now is because of the writers strike and FOX like all other networks will take any new material they can get their hands on. My hope is that the show bombs horribly, as it should, and is then buried and forgotten forever.

I thought the pilot (which I watched a while back) was awesome, and the show is definitely worth watching. Looking forward to the ep on Monday.

And yeah, we do have a thread on this from before as well...maybe the 2 can be merged?

Well, in case it is any good (will watch in a bit...) I'm sure Fox WILL fuck the fans and air it in the wrong order and cancel it after a short while, so hey, good times!

Well, in case it is any good (will watch in a bit...) I'm sure Fox WILL fuck the fans and air it in the wrong order and cancel it after a short while, so hey, good times!
When I saw that Summer Glau was in the show...it brought me to think the same thing :lol:

I was debating posting in the other thread, but it looks to be only about the first episode. So I thought it would be proper to start a thread that would go on about the rest of the series, and be courteous and not try to take it over.

I'd love to see the leaked version too, though I haven't really been successful in my search. But I'm more interested the later ones for sure. Looks like the next episode "Gnothi Seauton" is on @8pm my time.

Last edited:
Yeah, they do a "kinda double feature"
I really enjoyed it! Its a Fox show through and through, but that doesn't make it bad. And Summer Glau alone makes me watch it.

The pilot ep was leaked (repost?) back in July of last year. I wonder if the "final" pilot ep had any changes made to it? (I didn't watch either)

Hmhh can someone who saw the leaked pilot and the final broadcast one say if there were any differences between the two.

It was the same as the leaked pilot I watched. Nothing different whatsoever.

Just got done watching episode two.

Seems like the terminator (Cameron I think?) isn't as smart as it seems. Thought she was pretty advanced compared to the others, considering she was going to a school..though I'm not sure for how long. Looks like past keeps up with old friends when the guy was trying to turn her in, and for sure they'll be caught at some point now, considering the FBI agent is on their tail after blowing the "old friend" away. And so is the terminator I thought got blown into shreds, thought that would be done with and we could get on with a deeper story, but still no real talk about Skynet, even though they are raving about it at the title screen. I want it to get interesting...but it's not enough yet.

I'll give it three more episodes...and if it doesn't peak my interest..oh well. :D

Last edited:
Well, they just arrived in the kinda present, so one ep to get them settled in is ok, IMHO. Everything is just getting started, its fun, Summer Glau is awesome, especially when she is ruthless. I'm falling in love here...

Well, they just arrived in the kinda present, so one ep to get them settled in is ok, IMHO. Everything is just getting started, its fun, Summer Glau is awesome, especially when she is ruthless. I'm falling in love here...

Are you fucking kidding me?

Obviously, I am. But for once Sarah Connor is a nice looking Lady and a Terminator is looking really good, and the show seems promising. I'd rather overcompliment it, and hope others do as well then loosing another show to FOX stupidity.

Obviously, I am. But for once Sarah Connor is a nice looking Lady and a Terminator is looking really good, and the show seems promising. I'd rather overcompliment it, and hope others do as well then loosing another show to FOX stupidity.

I'd take Linda Hamilton and Kristanna Loken over this pair any day of the week. They also have FAR better acting skills, mostly the former. And this isn't some "rare gem" that didn't get a fair shake (shut up Firefly fanboys), it's something that Fox and C2 pictures never should have let get past the idea stage. Putting a bullet in its head is the only decent thing to do, but Fox does have a habit of taking a once popluar franchise and dragging it through the mud (again see AvP for that).

The pre-air pilot was absolute crap, I'm currently trying to muster psychological strength to download these episodes, I fear they'll ruin the franchise forever.

I watched the pre-air pilot when it was released months ago and it left me with a cold feeling. It had some good points but I had to wait for the series to start to see if the story would be interesting enough.

I just finished watching the second episode and I liked it. It has some interesting points and plots that I think will be interesting. I have always liked the Terminator robot design and knowing that there's one in the series without the flesh make me more interested. Let's hope they don't screw it up.

Im a little annoyed at the glaring plot hole how a terminator head (aka machine) was able to survive the time jump intact with the 2 humans and female terminator.

And i say intact because obviously it was able to reactivate and awaken its 7 year old body (which i found kind of stupid too).