Terrorists strike yet again

[...] In before "we don't know what motivated the attacker".

Bavarian Secretary of the Interior Joachim Herrmann, nicknamed "der Abschiebeminister" (Secretary for deportations), infamous user of the N-Word on TV, one of germany's most hard-lined right-winged politicians on asylum seekers says "The motive for the attack is not yet clear."

Even someone like him waits for the police to do their job before publicly slamming refugees.

Last edited:
There do seem to be a lot of non-radicalised Muslims going on non-terror related homicidal rampages lately. It's uncanny. :)

Must be something in the water.

Apparently the initial number of casualties included those being treated for shock - not nice, but could have been a lot worse.

So three seriously injured - plus the attacker himself, who was shot dead. BBC reporting he had an ISIS flag in his room, where he had been adopted by a foster family.

But this presumably is a weakness in German society that this poor man was driven to this?

Unfortunately, this is the new normal for Europe. Have to decide whether we want it or not. And it's very scary that weapons such as an axe and a lorry are being used - I think many attacks are foiled because bomb-making material and large guns are actually trackable, and suspicious orders can lead police to the attackers.

Last edited:
No, I actually believe it. There's been enough incidents over the past 18 months to indicate it's the case.

Do you not believe it?

The Troubles in the North very much became to be the new normal. I'm not sure how you could possibly argue otherwise.

The Troubles were initiated by intrinsic racism and blatant discrimination in the British running of what many saw as a foreign territory they had no right to be in - a problem which could be solved, and largely has been by power sharing, the Good Friday Agreement and possibly even Brexit. Now, about the worst that happens is that Northern Ireland football fans give out when Catholic players opt to play for the Republic of Ireland because that's where they consider themselves to be from.

The current issue has come about because of vile radical Islamic ideologies being spread from the Middle East, which encourage people to take these kind of actions against kafirs (infidels - non-Muslims) - so this ideology has to be stopped. Which is what I've been suggesting all along.

I'm not sure what your suggestion here is?

There do seem to be a lot of non-radicalised Muslims going on non-terror related homicidal rampages lately. It's uncanny. :)

Just another "workplace violence" committed by the "peaceful Muslim refugees". Again, the government needs to decide whether put the safety of their own citizens first.

Lone wolves, all of them. No connection whatsoever between all these attacks. Move along, subject, nothing to see here...

[...] Which is what I've been suggesting all along.
And in general, I think we all here agree on that radical Islamists are an evil that needs to be stopped. I can only speak for myself, but if you think that some members here side with these terrorists just because they demand answers going further than "he was a Muslim" - I believe you are very wrong. Stopping these terrorists and putting an end to these Jihadists - that?s what we agree on. The thing where we disagree are the reasons for this radicalisation (the metaphorical root of the problem) and how to stop it. And I for one want to know the reasons why these people "turn". Why they pick up weapons and turn them against a society that tries to help them, tries to integrate them. Only when we understand their motives, their stories - only then can we prevent others from doing the same in the future and stop ISIS here in Europe and all over the world.

Comments like this certainly aren't helping.
But this presumably is a weakness in German society that this poor man was driven to this?
It's uncanny. :) Must be something in the water.
Just another "workplace violence" committed by the "peaceful Muslim refugees".
Lone wolves, all of them. No connection whatsoever between all these attacks.
Neither helping the victims, neither helping getting to the root of the problem.

I will repeat what I wrote further above - in turn you seem to be suggesting of abandoning our culture to fight this evil. I suggest we don?t. On the contrary - we need to spread our culture more, convince more people to live it. Not turn towards nationalism and racism.

In other terrorist news: French Police arrested a man today they considered suspicious in a routine traffic stop (he had an IS-Flag as the background of his cellphone) only to find explosives in his apartment later.
Sometimes Detective Luck does a really good job.

Last edited:
You've already been told the reasons they turn - Islam is more than a religion; it governs every part of a Muslim's life. If you get radical Islam - like what Saudi Arabia is spreading - then that too will start to govern people's lives. Objection to Islamic teaching isn't tolerated. Departing Islam certainly isn't tolerated - it's a capital offence in most Islamic countries. So once fundamental Islam gets a hold - as it's doing - it's very hard to stop. Maybe the best you can do is stop fuelling it - shut down fundamentalist mosques, and stop bringing in new adherents by way of mass immigration.

I will repeat what I wrote further above - in turn you seem to be suggesting of abandoning our culture to fight this evil.
And I've already said this is a bizarre notion which is completely the opposite of what I'm suggesting. And you've never once adequately explained where you're getting this curious idea from my posts, despite being asked.

On the contrary - we need to spread our culture more, convince more people to live it. Not turn towards nationalism and racism.
What you're describing is colonisation. That's worked well in the past.

You've already been told the reasons they turn - Islam is more than a religion; it governs every part of a Muslim's life. If you get radical Islam - like what Saudi Arabia is spreading - then that too will start to govern people's lives. Objection to Islamic teaching isn't tolerated. Departing Islam certainly isn't tolerated - it's a capital offence in most Islamic countries. So once fundamental Islam gets a hold - as it's doing - it's very hard to stop. Maybe the best you can do is stop fuelling it - shut down fundamentalist mosques, and stop bringing in new adherents by way of mass immigration.

And I've already said this is a bizarre notion which is completely the opposite of what I'm suggesting. And you've never once adequately explained where you're getting this curious idea from my posts, despite being asked.

What you're describing is colonisation. That's worked well in the past.

Depends on version of Islam, most are moderate. Just look at Turkey, they are targeting moderates in all parts of government.

The thing where we disagree are the reasons for this radicalisation (the metaphorical root of the problem) and how to stop it.
But here is a question, what makes muslims more susceptible to radicalization? We even see it from non-ME muslims like chechens as an example. There must be *something* in that religion that makes them a perfect target for radicalization.

But here is a question, what makes muslims more susceptible to radicalization? We even see it from non-ME muslims like chechens as an example. There must be *something* in that religion that makes them a perfect target for radicalization.
Just like how Sharia is instrumental in a dozen countries, while no one really lives under strict Christian/Jewish/etc law.

Just like how Sharia is instrumental in a dozen countries, while no one really lives under strict Christian/Jewish/etc law.

People do, but they will be in specific areas of countries.

*cough* Republicans *cough* Trump supporters *cough*

Comments like this certainly aren't helping.
[...]
Neither helping the victims, neither helping getting to the root of the problem.

I'm not sure but I feel confident in stating that the world isn't looking to the finalgear forums to solve this problem. I have been wrong before though.

You've already been told the reasons they turn - Islam is more than a religion; it governs every part of a Muslim's life. [...]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

You describe every religion there. Islam is not different from the other religions in that aspect. The question with every religion is not if it wants to govern every part of your life (they all do), but if you let it. And like so many other religions Islam exists in many different colors and intensities. There are a lot of secular moslems, there are a lot of muslims that are only muslims on paper and aren't really believers, others that believe very strongly while not being violent but (as we sadly have to experience over and over again) there are also some who see their religion as something to kill for.

[...]Maybe the best you can do is stop fuelling it - shut down fundamentalist mosques, and stop bringing in new adherents by way of mass immigration.

While I agree generally on shutting down fundamentalist mosques, I don?t think there are many (can only speak for germany here). The real problems we?re seeing with radicalisation stems from the internet these days. 10-15 years ago there may have been a real problem with these sort of mosques, but I think that is no more the case today. The current mass immigration of refugees is due to them fleeing from the very same radical islam that is giving us this conversation about terrorism to start with.
Are we going to see less terrorists, less Jihadists when we leave these people at the mercy of IS and sorts? IMO that would only make the problem bigger down the line.

[...] And I've already said this is a bizarre notion which is completely the opposite of what I'm suggesting. And you've never once adequately explained where you're getting this curious idea from my posts, despite being asked.
You may believe that it is the opposite of what you are suggesting, but that is where you are very wrong. You are proposing to abolish important cornerstones of our culture in order to fight Jihadi terrorism. And I think I?ve went through great lengths to explain this to you. Now again. That you either don?t understand this or refuse to see this - I can only do so much here. If you reject this, do so. Say that you disagree, you have every right to. But please don?t tell me that I or others haven?t explained this enough. This is getting insulting.

[...] What you're describing is colonisation. That's worked well in the past.
"we need to spread our culture" was maybe poorly worded or rather not specific enough. I did not mean going places and spreading our culture like missionaries or colonisation. I meant it more in a way of proposing our culture and our values and going "hey this works great for us, maybe you wanna try this too" - without the invading, plundering and general nastiness. Offering our culture as a proposal, not doing a conversion by force.

I'm not sure but I feel confident in stating that the world isn't looking to the finalgear forums to solve this problem. I have been wrong before though.
Why discuss it at all then when this leads nowhere? What is this to you, a discussion club? If you are not interested in a serious conversation then -excuse my french- bugger off and play some Call of Duty instead :bunny:

People do, but they will be in specific areas of countries.

*cough* Republicans *cough* Trump supporters *cough*
That's my point - some people might be very religious, but countries as a whole are not, unless they are Muslim.

Also, what Republicans and/or Trump supporters support, is in a different galaxy from Sharia and the filthy savages that support it.

Why discuss it at all then when this leads nowhere? What is this to you, a discussion club? If you are not interested in a serious conversation then -excuse my french- bugger off and play some Call of Duty instead :bunny:

I think it's a discussion forum, yes. You couldn't pay me to play "Call Of Duty". Is it wrong that I find that CoD comment vaguely insulting? :lol:

My previous comment was sarcasm and intended to be humourous. I am very dry.