Terrorists strike yet again

I don't really believe that story. Nor do I believe that people wouldn't ride in a cab with a Muslim driver, especially in Manhattan rush-hour traffic.
ahpadt probably made it up, considering his unbelievably biased disdain for anyone and anything American.

First working day after the weekend : I am a maintenance guy currently dispatched in an engineering firm : a quiet and surreal situation , not many phone calls or email , a colleague of a different service entered our office devastated : one of his best friend died in the attack , from what he gathered he tried to protect his girlfriend and took a lethal blow , he said to us " I am like a robot , not thinking at anything".

The simple joy to speak to another colleague who lives right in the middle of the killing zone and who is ok as well as his family.
Your story reminds me of what Joplin, Missouri was like after the F5 tornado in May of 2011.

Business was slow for several weeks, mostly you just tried to reach friends and family to make sure everyone was OK. Visiting the area of the path of the tornado, even weeks later was a very odd experience. Things were just gone.

It is a bit different knowing that nature was to blame though.

So if you were to take a taxi in NYC, you would first enquire whether or not the driver was a muslim, and if yes you would walk out? That's some generalisation.
That is literally the exact opposite of what I said. Are you so desperate to jump on the "LeVeL is an islamaphobe" bandwagon that you read the exact opposite of what I write?

Video from Anonymous tells ISIS "we will lay waste to every digital tool you use to recruit and fight. Governments of the world, if you want to defeat ISIS, all you must do is step aside."

[video=youtube;-IcULTH0Oek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IcULTH0Oek[/video]

The football match between Germany and the Netherlands in Hanover tonight has been cancelled only 90 minutes before kick-off. The official line alleges concrete plans for a bomb attack in the stadium. As our police is not competetent enough to detect a real attack beforehand, this must be a false-flag operation by our intelligence services.

Or simply fear of ignoring something that should not be ignored.

In any case, right now, the terrorists are winning: Our way of life is getting crushed between event-cancelling hysteria and total surveillance/vigilance.

My heart bleeds for Paris. I am much less troubled by Beirut, which is strange, as I've never set foot in Paris, but has spent a little time in Beirut. Weird.

Paris and Beirut has a couple of things in common. Great cusine. And both are very multicultural.

I don't know if Daesh hates good cusine. I do know they hate the multiculturalism of these two historic cities. They hate to see muslims going to an Asian restaurant in Paris, beside French intellectuals and West African catholics. They hate. And they act.

At least let's not help them spread it. Pretty please.

So, Hannover. NOTHING happened. NOTHING has been found. NOT a single gun. NOT a gram of explosives. NOT a single suspect has been arrested. Not even temporarily. THERE WAS NO TERRORIST THREAT.

While everyone is lauding the German police for their "considerateness", I think what we witnessed was an act of overreaction bordering on cowardice. If this would be war, the commanders responsible would have to be shot for treason.

I am really really pissed off right now for handing the terrorists the victory on a silver platter.

I reserve judgement about that until we know more about the backgrounds. Apparently the authorities didn't say much yet.

Terrorists strike yet again

Basically I am with you -- I just want to prevent making a too hasty judgement ;)

No I think this is what we call idiots being irresponsible. A fifteen year old was arrested just the other day for making a bogus bomb threat and I wouldn't be surprised if this is a similar situation.