Tesla is 'going out of business,' says former GM exec Bob Lutz

They don't have to be mainstream to be successful. There is room for more Morgan, and Weismann type manufacturers.

Shh, they won't notice. :p

Ariel? Lotus (yeah, Chinese at the moment)? Caparo? Pagani? The more the merrier...

...not the best example :(

Ah, like Marcos?

EDIT

Seeing where Wiesmann is based, why have they not built an M-Powered camper van?

Last edited:
Well, great for that visionary from YouTube, I'm sure he holds huge short positions against Tesla he's so sure they're gonna die. Since when he made his video it was at 308 and down 5% since his last, and undoubtly in doom... oh wait it's 342 right now.

Grab the popcorn. I don't think shit is as straight forward and simple as these armchair experts are thinking it is.

Last edited:
mpicco;n3542071 said:
Since when he made his video it was at 308 and down 5% since his last, and undoubtly in doom... oh wait it's 342 right now.

Grab the popcorn. I don't think shit is as straight forward and simple as these armchair experts are thinking it is.

As people have noted above, stock prices often bear very little resemblance or connection to conditions pertaining to a company in the real world. Especially with a 'virtue signaling' stock like Tesla.

Some major companies have put in orders for the semi truck.

Some major companies have put in orders for the semi truck.

Major companies put in orders for products to Solyndra and A123 Systems as well. What happened to them, these darlings of the media and stock market, again?

GRtak you are also falsely attributing some sort of a divine knowledge to these companies. It makes sense for companies that run large truck fleets to test out new technology in a limited manner, they might find that electric trucks work for them and buy more, however doesn't mean that they will buy from Tesla especially since MB is starting to get into the game. They also likely have some very specific timelines in their contracts that gives them their money back if Tesla doesn't deliver.

Additionally, the larger your truck fleet the more likely you have various scenarios where a few electric trucks might work already. Our postal service for example has a huge fleet, and runs some self-designed electric trucks.

prizrak;n3542094 said:
GRtak you are also falsely attributing some sort of a divine knowledge to these companies.

You read far to much unto that post. Volumes.

It makes sense for companies that run large truck fleets to test out new technology in a limited manner, they might find that electric trucks work for them and buy more, however doesn't mean that they will buy from Tesla especially since MB is starting to get into the game. They also likely have some very specific timelines in their contracts that gives them their money back if Tesla doesn't deliver.

Not to mention Cummins and I am sure others will be involved in making EV trucks.

My original post had to do with the blip in the stock price, and nothing more. Investors like to see hose pre-orders.

You read far to much unto that post. Volumes.

Not to mention Cummins and I am sure others will be involved in making EV trucks.

My original post had to do with the blip in the stock price, and nothing more. Investors like to see hose pre-orders.

My mistake I did read into it

I still find the argument that new companies can't compete cos there are already established brands ridiculous. At most, Tesla might have bit more than it can chew and was a little overhyped, but going into an industry where there are already big players doesn't mean you'll automatically flop. 10 years ago where was HTC? Would you have been talking about them the same way, saying "there's already Motorola, Nokia, Sony-Ericsson, and now Apple... there's no place for HTC!"