• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Test: Can you tell Asians apart?

haha 4/18 too.....i am hopeless

Woohoo, I'm above average!
8/18, with a lot of guessing going on tbh tho. ;)

I got 10 by randomly clicking on answers. I really can't tell the difference and have never cared, frankly. (With apologies to anyone that might be offended by that statement.)

That's not racist....people from Asia would say we all look alike.

And I don't blame them, if you see a Greek, and italian, an Armenian (sp?), a dutch, a french, and an englishmen....who would have guessed them all?

I can't.

It's racist because it furthers the stereotype of Asians looking alike :x

Fucking pissing me off, this why I stopped visiting the IRC channel as often as I used to. :x

i got 4/18 as well :)

i can see why some people consider it kinda racist, and why others dont. im kinda on a neutral opinion about this, and as josty said you could have the exact same site with 3 countries from europe, guess where they are from.

to quote from the link tloekke gave:

"One evening at a Japanese restaurant, my girlfriend, Roxanne Wolanczyk, and I were talking about her facial recognition problem. She has a problem telling white people apart even though she herself is white. Interestingly she has a better time with telling Asian people apart. Then I thought of creating a web site that tests people's facial recognition ability"

i dont think there's any type of racism behind this site.

edit: ok, look here for more details: http://www.alllooksame.com/opinion01.html

"Firstly, I?d like to clarify that I didn?t mean this site to be some sort of a political arena. The bottom-line is that I thought it was a funny idea, but it ended up opening some interesting discussions. Some people felt that this site would promote racism, or that the site itself is racist. Others felt quite the opposite. I was very surprised to receive many emails with encouraging words from Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people. In some ways, I was expecting to upset many of them."

Well it only includes Korean, Japanese, and Chinese and not other Asians. I'm Filipino and if they included Filipinos in the mix it would be easier to spot them. Just look for the light brown ones. :D

I got 5..

but honestly I think the same could be done with blacks, whites too..

Leppy said:
Hmmm I got 8 and my report card was BAD.... BAD???? I was above average!!

I got 9 and I was OK. :tease:

Pure luck, though.

andyhui01 said:
are asian people supposed to be crap at this as well?... I hae 5 :lol:
:lol: i didnt do much better ethier...i got 6/18
I could tell most the girls apart...but the guys were a lot harder :? I was only sure with one of them since one looked similar to my grandfather :lol:

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Cruzz563 said:
It's racist because it furthers the stereotype of Asians looking alike :x

Fucking pissing me off, this why I stopped visiting the IRC channel as often as I used to. :x

Explain more.

Hmm, maybe I over reacted, I was mad at something else at the time I wrote that, it's prolly easier to just not care as much :p