Test Drive Unlimited 2: Wanna get dirty?

I gotta say that the optimization for this game is the crappiest i've ever seen in a game.
Those are the specs:
Minimum

Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon X2 4400+

RAM: 2GB

Video: Nvidia GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3870

Recommended

Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, Windows 7

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz or AMD Phenom II X2 555 (3GHz)

RAM: 2GB

Video: Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 / ATI Radeon HD 4870
not what thevictor390 said.
Anyway, does anyone have a feeling that the game is pretty empty?
Is there a possiblilty to choose a server?
And how do i open the map? (GPS?)

Last edited:
I've ran into some issues, the game just crashes when I start it. Submitted a crash report and now I'm reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

On a more interesting note, I was driving along and turned my head to find that someone was in the passenger seat, pretty creepy :lol:

Last edited:
On a more interesting note, I was driving along and turned my head to find that someone was in the passenger seat, pretty creepy :lol:

That happened to me also! I was driving along the highway and just looked back (3rd Person View). There was some guy in passenger seat. I thought I was seeing things. I looked back a couple of times also to make sure. :lol: Then he disappeared after I stopped the vehicle.

Well I got the game to work (The save file turned out to be causing the game to crash), played around with it some more, and I'm really enjoying it. I'll probably be buying it when it comes out.

Derek and I, cuddling!
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/karoug/2010/10/30/00000002.JPG
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/karoug/2010/10/30/00000003.JPG

Last edited:
More cuddling action;

6wDYl.jpg

sOwL1.jpg

I gotta say that the optimization for this game is the crappiest i've ever seen in a game.
Those are the specs:

not what thevictor390 said.
Anyway, does anyone have a feeling that the game is pretty empty?
Is there a possiblilty to choose a server?
And how do i open the map? (GPS?)

You've gotta remember this is still an early beta, the game won't be released untill Q1 2011.
I've bound the map to a button on my G27, it's under options -> control options -> menu controls I think.
In TDU1 you weren't able to choose a server (at least not that I know) but if you party up with friends you end up in the same server anyway.

Last edited:
Really loving the game so far, something about it made me want to go back to TDU 1 though, not sure what that was about. Anyone up for a cruise maybe later? I have no idea where all the shop locations are and I'd like to find'em while having some fun along the way.

When do you want to cruise? I'm available within the next 2-3 hours and most of tomorrow.

About this being the last test session: there still seem to be a lot of bugs which need ironing out, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to end the beta program just yet.

Play up people, this is the last chance you'll get to experience the game before it's actually released in 2011

Not really true. This is the final stress test. The beta will still be open for the selected by Eden beta testers.

Those are the specs:

I don't see anything wrong with those specs. The computer that I built over 3 years ago had better specs than the minimum requirements and it was just a mid-range PC at the time.

I play the game on max settings currently and it looks great. :)

If you're having FPS issues, try running it in fullscreen mode (alt + enter).

If you're having FPS issues, try running it in fullscreen mode (alt + enter).

Is there anyone playing in a windowed mode???? :p

Oh and lowering the Environment setting helps the FPS a lot too. Other settings seems fine but the Environment setting hits my system hard!

Ah and I found out how to open and close the convertible top. Press Num 4 and then press 8. Got that tip while getting a ride in a R8 :D

^I still can't get the R8 :(
Found an annoying bug today, when a challenge starts, my car flew away like it had a crash at 250 mph.

ugh the sounds are still terrible! :(

^I still can't get the R8 :(
Found an annoying bug today, when a challenge starts, my car flew away like it had a crash at 250 mph.

1 bug? I find at least 10 bugs each time i play.. :p