Test Drive Unlimited 2: Wanna get dirty?

Will my Fanatec work with this game? Or will I have to use a game pad?

Remember you can only play between 12:00 to 16:00 GMT when the servers are open.

Woah. *Grabs Key...

I just saw the agreement

TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED 2? Beta and Non-Disclosure Agreement said:
Thank you for your interest in the Beta Program (the "Beta Program" or "Beta") for the game with the working title "Test Drive Unlimited 2?" (the "Game")

:lol:

Oh and was the Veyron confirmed in TDU2???

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/archie411/2010/10/26/gattiTDU.png

I guess it is.

so this works from 2pm tp 6 pm in germany? Am I reading this right?

That's fine but can I only download during those times? I seriously cannot find any place to put in my key.

You don't enter the key until it's downloaded, it says so on the download page. You can download at any time, mine's downloading right now.

You don't enter the key until it's downloaded, it says so on the download page. You can download at any time, mine's downloading right now.

Where is this download page? I am obviously missing something major. The instructions just said to go to the TDU2 website..... well I've looked all over it.

So, I tried it, drove around 100+kms this afternoon. I didn't do any challenges, just driving.
The car models are nice, most of the scenery is nice, but the buildings could be better. And yes, I played it 1080p@very high + 8XAA...

Right now, the most realistic setting seems to be the hypersport mode, but I couldn't find the option to shift myself anywhere... (only tried it with the 360pad, but there seems to be a setting for the Fanatec wheels as my Fanatec receiver made the game offer me a "Porsche Wheel" steering option). The handling was ok-ish, the roads were smooth and I only experienced liftoff when I was going WAY too fast.
STILL A BIG PROBLEM: the oncoming traffic is showing up too late. You can see them materialize later than the cars goind in your direction. This needs to be fixed, in a fast car in high resolution, thats almost a game breaker...
Some minor things: The California looses acceleration a bit while shifting up (shouldn't be -> double clutch) and the manual cars shift before the shift animation has done the shifting... You can put the roof up and down at any speed... And so on.

I think, we actually should be thankful this isn't out now, but early next year. Hopefully then its going to be the game it deserves to be... I'm optimistic!

Yes, the team is aware of the shifting issue. Right now the only working option for a manual is the sequential gearbox, but in the full release, there will be the good old Clutch+Manual.

As for the Hypersport - it is much more realistic now. Drifting has become very tricky, and nearly impossible. You can't just start drifts at 100mph. Also a nice touch is the lift off oversteer.

I drove a bunch yesterday. All the dialogue is so funny/predictable from the shops. Drove alright. I cbf'd with any of the challenges. I just took the Q7 offroad and got lost for ages.

The Q7's gearbox bugs down when you try to accelerate from a standstill, but once you get going it's great fun offroad.
My favorite car is by far the Ford GT, I love the way it drives and sounds.
Wish they allowed more degrees of rotation though, the FFB on the G27 is decent for an arcade-ish game and the extra buttons on it come in very handy for uses such as indicator, yes or no, horn, lights.

And I just noted they removed the ability to put your roof up and down...

I'll download tonight in hopes to play this weekend, but I will most likely be sleeping for most of the time the game is up :p

EDIT: I'd offer my key to a Eurogamer (didn't know about the hours going into it) but they're still available on that site!

Last edited:
I think the servers will be up all weekend!