Test Drive Unlimited 2: Wanna get dirty?

So do I, but most aren't that frustrating :p

The biggest problem by far is the multiplayer system. It's the same old TDU1 crap, with the same problems.

You enter a race with 8 players, and the game just sits at the start line stating "Waiting for players 3/8" I hope they find out how to fix this.

But I'm really impressed with the physics system. The narrow roads and tight bends create a lot of equality. I whipped the ass of a few Ford GT's and Ferrari's with my Lancia Delta, just because they had to slow down way too much for the corners.

I was driving down one of the off road trails earlier in in the Delta Integrale. When I stopped to take a look at the scenery a Ferrari California blasted straight past me, now believe me, it looked cool at the moment, but the fact that you can take a Ferrari off road and have it work just as fine as a Q7 is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Is there anyone playing in a windowed mode???? :p

Considering the game is forced into windowed mode due to alt+tab issues and not everyone knows about alt+enter, I assume yes there are.

I don't remember being forced into windowed mode.... Anyway the download did speed up a bit and finish after nearly 24 hours. Luckily the updates downloaded very quickly. The game itself looks very promising, I am a bit disappointed that I had to turn the settings down to medium though. It still looked pretty good. I think you are a little bit too free to drive around off-road (as in completely off the beaten path), and cars have too much grip on the dirt trails. It has potential but there is room to screw it up.

Running on Max settings at 1400x900 res. Goes well. Looks pretty nice also.

All I did was drive around tho, along with one random pursuit.

I hopped back on yesterday and was messing around in a DBS (purple interior :cool:), when I got a random challenge. It was another DBS and we proceeded to have a rally race :lol:

I saw a guy driving a Shelby Daytona minutes before the beta testing ended, did I miss something?

As it turns out, I can't run the beta, as I don't have enough RAM.

Shit.

Anyone know if theres any way to sign up for the PS3 Beta?

I would probably go for the one from Atari and get the Shelby GT500. Release date is in February by the way.

I wonder how these exclusive cars will work...I hope you don't get them from the very beginning.