Test Drive Unlimited 2: Wanna get dirty?

You can sell your car when you buy another car if you don't have enough money. The auction was nice in TDU1, but it always felt like cheating buying a car very cheaply from there because "used" doesn't really mean anything in this game. Yeah, it's annoying that you can't just sell your car any time and selling cars back to the game at least should be possible before lvl25 too.

As for the moving cars from house to house. You can go to the garage, bring up the list of all of your cars and choose a car from there, and you can start driving it from the house you are currently in.

My computer is Phenom II x4 955, Radeon 5850 and 4 gigs of ram. My graphics settings are 1920x1080 and everything in game maxed out. The game is running very smoothly and I haven't noticed any slow downs.

I'm running Q6600(@2.4Ghz) + 9600GS(768mb) + 4GB with all settings on low and AA on 2x @ 1680x1050 and it runs pretty smoothly. Could be better.

My pc runs it fine with everything maxed. As I assumed it would, but figured I'd throw that in there. I get 100+ fps.

I've experienced some slow downs too, but they're not as annoying as the horrible horrible voice acting and character animations.

I have slowdowns every 10 or 20 minutes. Takes about 5 secs then its back to smoothness... I assume it has something to do with the crack I'm using...

Hardcore driving mode is a bit weird in my GTI, sometimes the back will come round (more than 90?...) without me even lifting the gas. But that might be because of the PS3 pad I use right now with some shady drivers. Guess I gotta try it on my Fanatec with the Clubsports...

Did you people try messing with the Graphics settings? I can't turn the Environment setting high, because my dear old comp cannot handle it. But I can put the AA into x8 and it makes almost no difference to the performance :? (Other settings are in low or medium)

So if my comp can handle AA, then you guys should have absolutely no problem :p

Very disappointed so far. This seems like the actual beta of the game.

So far:
- server problems
- you can't sell your cars!!! Apparently you can sell them when you reach level 25, but there is still no option to put your car on auction like you could in TDU1.
- no option for manual + clutch if you are playing on keyboard (it was the best way in TDU1)
- graphical glitches (this may be driver related but I get some black screen flickering from time to time)
- the cars can't move from house to house - they stay in the original house

My biggest problem right now is that when you buy a car you are stuck with it, you can't sell it!

Thank you all for the inputs.... I'll try messing with other settings and see if I can get a reasonable performance. I'm quite stunned on how slugish it's running on my rig. Funny thing is that when running TDU my GPU temps goes up to 73oC and in TDU2, no more than 66oC. Keep thinking whether there's something wrong with the GPU usage by the game.

A7 class cars suck :(

Not only are they slow, but the handling is horribad too. I had a Brera and it sucked, sold it and bought Golf GTI thinking it would be better, but it wasn't. Very easy to spin them for some reason and they have huge amounts of wheel spin. For those reasons A7 races seem to be the hardest. I also encountered a race where winning with the GTI is almost impossible, unless you tune it. And even then it's a very close one.

I bought a Viper. God damn does it like to all of a sudden break loose and crash into the tree. I guess they went for the realistic physics. :lol:

...and that should answer your question from your thread - "Should I buy one?"
;)

I think this game sucks. The story is unbelievably lame. The voice acting is brutal. The graphics are no better than before. Its just meh beyond belief.

I bought a Viper. God damn does it like to all of a sudden break loose and crash into the tree. I guess they went for the realistic physics. :lol:

...and that should answer your question from your thread - "Should I buy one?"
;)

Oh yeah! I did a test drive in one of them.......It was underivable. I couldn't take a corner without spinning and crashing. Viper if do in someway buy one, write your will before you take a ride in it :p

I think the game is fairly realistic. I enjoyed the A7 class races. Understeer has to be tamed and I thought it was rather fun.

Anyone want to race against my MiTo? :)

The graphics are really really good, I like the driving and exploring experience more than in the previous game, but the story and voice acting are brutal, yes. I won't be buying, but I'll still play. :p

This isn't test voice acting unlimited, btw. ;)

I got it yesterday from Steam and, my God, I'm disappointed.... I have a rig with i5-760, 4Gb and HD4870 and playing with 1920x1080 res., no AA, settings on low and I'm getting no more than 20 fps, which I consider shit.... Grid, Hot Pursuit 3, TDU1 run with practical all settings on high or more and I get decent 30fps, minimum.... just checked Steam's TDU2 forum and several people are complaining about performance as well...

geeman, Strelok16, napoleondyna: I'd like to know how is this game running on your PC's...

isnt the 4870 getting a bit old now? I lose track of these things, part of the reason I got out of the PC gaming thing. Constantly having to upgrade.

I have a 4890 and it runs pretty well. The rest of my system is not so great either. It just seems like some lacking of optimization. I'm running on XP, dunno if vista/7 has slowdowns cos of directx10?

The graphics are not that great to be honest. Given, the world to be rendered is huge, and details can't be everywhere, but I just parked my car next to an airplane that can be seen from outside the airport and it's like a 1999 model, completely horrible.
The cars do look pretty enough, the scenary is nice specially the sense of the mountains from far away, you get the sense of the mountains being huge. But graphic wise it's not pushing the envelope at all.

Here's the screenshot in question...
258wiut.jpg

(all settings on max)

My biggest problem right now is that when you buy a car you are stuck with it, you can't sell it!

You can trade in your cars when you're buying a new one but don't have enough money... but not all of them it seems. I beat that bitch in the first part of Ibiza, won her stupid pink mustang with 3 gears and a top speed of 20, and I can't get rid of it.

What's bothering me the most is having to listen to some idiot saying the same 3 'introductions' to every race. And it makes you wait 5 to 10 seconds every race start showing you your car from various angles as the bitch tells you for the 13th time in that tournament that the competition is getting heated, when I'm winning every event driving with one hand and one foot.

That said there are a bunch of good things about the title, the many cars for one... I saw a Citroen 2cv running around and an Ariel Atom ... I lol'd

Last edited:
You can trade in your cars when you're buying a new one but don't have enough money... but not all of them it seems. I beat that bitch in the first part of Ibiza, won her stupid pink mustang with 3 gears and a top speed of 20, and I can't get rid of it.

I didn't pick it up thinking that might just happen :mrgreen:

What's bothering me the most is having to listen to some idiot saying the same 3 'introductions' to every race. And it makes you wait 5 to 10 seconds every race start showing you your car from various angles as the bitch tells you for the 13th time in that tournament that the competition is getting heated, when I'm winning every event driving with one hand and one foot.

Yes thats very annoying!

As for hardware discussion, my P4 is still running strong :p But it hates tunnels and towns with lots of buildings....

But I heard the Wilder brothers are squabbeling with whatshisname again!!!

You can sell the pink Mustang after you reach level 25.

The graphics are really really good, I like the driving and exploring experience more than in the previous game, but the story and voice acting are brutal, yes. I won't be buying, but I'll still play. :p

This isn't test voice acting unlimited, btw. ;)

I just acquired the PS3 version, the default controls are undriveable in manual mode. I know some people like to use trigger for accel and brake, but they should at least put in an option for the classic x for accel and square for brake setup. I think I'll wait for the PC version to drop in price, it might be worth $20.

walked past GAME yesterday and saw that they had a special offer on some trade-ins so getting the game on the XBox 360 later today. kept thinking about getting the PC version but really don't like the thought of using my keyboard to play a driving game. at least this way i'll be able to use my wheel controller for the XBox 360.

isnt the 4870 getting a bit old now? I lose track of these things, part of the reason I got out of the PC gaming thing. Constantly having to upgrade.

It's not new but it's still way above average, there shouldn't be a game out there that it can't play (especially turned down to low).

Question. Did anyone encounter any sort of weather?? I am at level 10 and so far I have not seen rain while cruising. The only place where I did see rain was in the License tests.