Test Drive Unlimited

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
Viper007Bond said:

Here're some new images of Test Drive Unlimited, the upcoming racing game for Xbox 360. The game is not due out until much later this year, but you can see again how good it is looking :p

With the ability for thousands of gamers to play simultaneously, Test Drive Unlimited is M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. This is a truly unprecedented experience for racing gamers and is the ultimate automotive experience for car enthusiasts. Once in the game, players can visit the most sophisticated car dealers to purchase new vehicles or simply take them for a spin. Gamers can then participate in 16 player races or take vehicles for a drive on over 1000 miles of diverse Hawaiian roads and pass by thousands of other real players. Further, players can collect and trade rare performance parts and customize each vehicle to make it one-of-a-kind. Finally, gamers win races, challenges, missions and tournaments to earn credits and purchase new cars, bikes, rare performance parts, clothes, apparel, homes and garages.

PRODUCT FEATURES:

- Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online with M.O.O.R.: Massively Open Online Racing. It is the only game that allows for literally thousands of gamers to play within the same game world simultaneously. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel;

- More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar;

- Realistic vehicles: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more;

- Personalization: Upgrade each car with options from the actual manufacturers' catalog. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts;

- Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload your created challenges online to become part of the player community;

- A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments;

- Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.

-I remember the early days of TD, that was a fun game, was about the only racing game back then, think it went upto TD6

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, those screen shots look awesome. I can't wait for it to actually release. I had heard rumors of a June release, but i'm not too sure of whether that'll actually happen or not.

I just want some new games for my 360, since I have finished all of the ones I have. Hopefully February will be a more fruitful month for new games.

Well it certainly looks special - but we'll see what the gameplay is like...

Screenshots looks brilliant :thumbsup:

I just hope theres good gameplay. I played old Test Drive and Test Drive OffRoad and they pretty good and addictive. Just poor gameplay if I remember correctly.

looks nice, but Test Drive gameplay has always been woeful

flyingfridge said:
looks nice, but Test Drive gameplay has always been woeful
not woeful so much as "not anything great". ive always preferred NFS for arcade racing

yeah, i'd say easy better than NFSMW. not as good as PGR3 though

The vids I have seen and the previews in mags say its not as arcadeish as you might think. There is a vid that shows off some of the physics, I belive. Seemed to be great!
There are also rumours of a PC release... ;-)

http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=451848
Yeah, I know its german, but I couldn't find an english source for that. What it basically says, is that TDU will come to the PC, as it has appeared on some Business Plans Atari made public... Yeah!

Anyway, its no miracle, since last thing I read is, that Microsoft supplies programs and tools to make 360 stuff PC compatible really easy...

Atari sent out a press release announcing that their Xbox 360 racing game Test Drive Unlimited will be coming to the PC. The Windows port, developed by Eden Studios, will be released this fall following the Xbox 360 version's launch this summer.

The action in Test Drive: Unlimited takes place on the open roads spanning the Hawaiian island of Oahu. Boasting huge online content, racers around the world can challenge others to join them in the virtual paradise of the game's persistent online racing world. Players will engage in online challenges, and build communities by creating or joining exclusive members clubs to talk, trade cars, and race with other like-minded and similarly-skilled drivers in one of the most comprehensive online racing experiences to date.

With all the vehicles painstakingly rendered to reflect their real-world counterparts inside and out, players will fill their garages with some of the most sophisticated and fastest licensed vehicles in the world from over 25 top manufacturers to suit their individual tastes.

In the fall? Noo.... Thats a long time to go... But hey, maybe I'll get a new computer until then to play it properly...!

will check out!!!