Test Drive Unlimited

My dad has agreed to let me buy the megapack! Yay! :lol: So now the question is, what country's version should I buy? Euro? Or US? On the local atari website there's totally no mention of the megapack.

Go for the UK, its the cheapest! (sure only by a couple of pence :lol:)

Feeling a little bored with your car that has non-changeable paint, or does your ride miss out on being sick with ugly looking wheels? Here's the solution! http://forum.tdu-central.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51 :p

Mine... (new road textures, new light color, new plates, new paint/sparco seats/rims for my CLK DTM)
20080418182307.jpg

20080418182341.jpg

20080418185521.jpg

And sorry for the vulgar plate, no offence intended!

Whoa, nice.

I'm still confused. I don't know whether to buy the pack or not. I'm sure everyone will tell me to go for it. But my problem is GTA4. It comes out pretty soon, and when it does I won't be playing on anything else. I don't play on TDU much anymore, and am wondering whether its worth it for perhaps a few hours playing with some more cars, a few of which I probably won't like. (although the thought of cruising in a great big Lexus or S6 does sound appealing)

Halp?

I've just bought the pack last night for GBP9.99! :D Pleaded for 2 hours, and had to play 3 songs on the guitar before my dad finally took out that visa card. xD

^Speedtouch, if you have that spare cash of GBP9.99 by skipping that fancy lunch at that fancy restaurant, then it'd be worth the money... and your time... and your youth... :p

^ I see your point, but again, I go back to school tomorrow, so will be back onto revision for GCSEs in May, and GTA4 will need my attention. And I want/need to save as much money as possible (I don't mean to sound like a cheapskate, but I really do). The time of this release couldn't be any worse.

Fuck it, I bought it. Downloading now.

Congrats mate! :D Btw, what are you guys' TDU nickname? :p

SL65_AMG_Madness here...

Speedtouch_Unlimited

Just went on a buying spree, I've got the Countach on reserve, an F40, CLK GTR, LS600h, Murcielago Roadster, Efijy, Viper GTS, CCR and maybe a couple more. And I've still got 3.5mil in the bank for new houses to keep all the new cars in. :lol:

I'm now going to sort out a load of pics I took, and probably won't go back on there again, but I'll post here if I do and we can cruise!

Also, anyone noticed that the LS's gears are terribly short?

[...]This TDU pack contains like 20-30 cars.
... the Point is more or less, that with the Pack out, it?s no longer a fun game without it. I?ve tried for a week without it, but it?s horrible when all you meet on the island is placeholder-cars because now everyone is around in their Carpack-cars. Without the pack, the game is now worse than it was. So you have to get the pack ... or quit the game (or play single-player :rolleyes: ).
Another criticism I have is that they didn?t include a patch. Game is still at 1.66a ... last patch was 10 Months ago, and it?s not like there are no bugs and issues. That?s just sad. And I was so hoping they?d put some new challanges in, or a new race-track ... sadly ... nothing.

But ... it?s still great fun to play, the car-pack dethrones most of the old Class-leading Cars (it got a bit boring racing the same cars again and again because some just were too good in their class) and adds some freshness. I just hoped they would do more ...

but it?s horrible when all you meet on the island is placeholder-cars

Screenshot please. I've been wondering what other people see. :)

You guys got a good set up for G25 + TDU?
Profiler + in game settings?

I find my game a bit blah.... Steering doesn't feel right, if i slightly steer, it doesn't move much but if i do it by like 20 more degrees it can make a right turn.

currently i drive at 540degrees.

I drive it at 900degrees. I think it gives a more realistic feel, but then I haven't driven a car properly, so I can't really comment.

wow i just went around dealers test driving cars. I really like the caterham so i bought one and tuned it to stage 2.

You must be poor! (in game). When I want to try a car, I buy it. :lol:

I only got to champion ship level last week.I'm trying to do that 180mph $70,000 reward every so often to get money but I don't want to spend hours doing that over and over.