Test Drive Unlimited

I found a few maps online but they were all useless, they left a lot of locations out that even I have found already

you disappeared again.

wifi FTL, got my computer back online but the bridge settings got F'd.. POS computer FTL as well

Sounds lovely. But I looked at the list that someone made on gamefaqs.com and they listed that there were only 30 car dealerships. I looked down the list, and I can point out the fact that they were missing the Lexus dealership.

There are no cars for sale at the Lexus dealership, so it doesn't really matter.

I have cars for sale at the Lexus dealership, and same with the McLaren dealership that is just west of the international airport. But I play on the Xbox version with my DLC.

I'm playing the PC version, maybe that's why there's a difference.

Holy Shit! This game rocks!
Bought TVR Sagaris already :p

I bought the game two weeks ago, and I have to say it is pretty impressive.

The one complaint I have is probably the same I have for a lot of these 'realistic' driving sims, and I understand totally why the game designers do it.

It's the lack of damage. I can barrel along a road at 200km/h, smash into a light pole with absolutely no effects. It's not so much the damage - although that would be nice for the 10 year old in me - it's the lack of risk. I would love a game where you could still drive like a maniac, but if you hit something at 30 km/h, your car would get damaged, hit something at 70 and it might break something, hit something at 120 and you lose the car, hit something at 200 and you lose the game.

I know it's not in the spirit of games, but I would love that element of risk in there so your choice of driving might matter that bit more.

The game makers didnt put damage for the cars in the game, because it is cheaper for them to make it without the damage. This game isnt really that realistic anyways.

For the 10th time, they didn't do damage, because if some stupid fucker in a Solstice would run into your tuned up CCR then you'd have to pay for the repair and that wouldn't be fun!

For the 10th time, they didn't do damage, because if some stupid fucker in a Solstice would run into your tuned up CCR then you'd have to pay for the repair and that wouldn't be fun!

I meant the damage graphics. They could have integrated a damage system without the graphics or they could have integrated the graphics without the damage system. For your reason they didn't integrate the damage system, but because of cost to license the car, they didn't integrate the graphics for damage.

You soo don't make any sense...

I think he means they could have physical damage, as in smashed up suspension and gearbox, etc, but it doesn't actually show on the car.

Hes got the idea. Graphic damage is where your bumpers and windows are all smashed up, but how your car performs isn't affected, but the damage system is where none of the windows and bumpers are smashed up but your performance is all messed up.

Games like Forza motorsports have both, but Project Gotham Racing 3 has just the graphics.

Yeah but for Project Gotham Racing 3, its on the Xbox, so there is no real OS. Whatever cpu power that isnt used is wasted.

Anything is better than Gran Turismo's random tire wear.. :mad:

I think he means they could have physical damage, as in smashed up suspension and gearbox, etc, but it doesn't actually show on the car.

Ah, now I get it... Physical damage=everything dented and smashed, IMHO, what you mean = component damage. Still, I'm with Vette Boss, its not much fun to get a downshift wrong in a challenge that may take 30-45 mins and you can quit it at the end because your ride is fucked. On top of that you have to part with 50000 grand for a new transmission. They could have done that in the hardcore mode, but thats retarded anyway...

Does TDU work with Vista? And does anyone know if it fully supports the Logitech G25 set up?

yes to vista and yer to G25 support

^ cool! I'm covered!