• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Test post - please ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotth_uk

testing..... 123.....

:) Just wanted to see if the pic worked...

You're in NL - do you have a Monaro, or just a fan?

do u have a crossfire 0_o?

Now now - let's not be nasty.

I know Clarkson bagged it to pieces in Top Gear, but it really isn't that bad. We know that he can be less than kind on occasion to perfectly good motor vehicles. Tiff's review is a little more inline with my thoughts of the car.

It's just an SLK320 with adifferent lid, but is MUCH cheaper.

It's been a really good car so far - fast, reliable and grip levels that defy description (oh how I love Michelin Pilot Sport 2's). Looks are popular with some, questionable with others.

It's been around the Nurburgring a few times and did so admirably. Scared quite a few much faster cars. Traction control is excellent, and reacts far faster than many other cars I have driven.

And it doesn't break down all the time like my friends new RX8!

It's time i hear someone saying that the new RX8 is breaking down, what kind of problems does your friend has with his RX8?

Apart from the standard iritating flooding issue.....

The car has had the battery replaced twice, due to issues with the charging system after being left unused for 14 days. Roadside assistance used a few times to get to the bottom of that, and in the end the starter motor was replaced as well.

Friend is also very unhappy with fuel economy. Lower than published figures.

Damn that a lot of problems, i wish him all the best, and for the fuel economy, he should of know when he was buying it, it's a rotory engine what do you expect.

scotth_uk said:
Now now - let's not be nasty.

I know Clarkson bagged it to pieces in Top Gear, but it really isn't that bad. We know that he can be less than kind on occasion to perfectly good motor vehicles. Tiff's review is a little more inline with my thoughts of the car.

It's just an SLK320 with adifferent lid, but is MUCH cheaper.

It's been a really good car so far - fast, reliable and grip levels that defy description (oh how I love Michelin Pilot Sport 2's). Looks are popular with some, questionable with others.

It's been around the Nurburgring a few times and did so admirably. Scared quite a few much faster cars. Traction control is excellent, and reacts far faster than many other cars I have driven.

And it doesn't break down all the time like my friends new RX8!

What a way to make your debut here, bashing on the RX-8! :evil:

Your friend is a complete moron if he buys a sports car for fuel economy, especially one that has a poor fuel economy at first.

I've never heard about that battery problem, the only weaknesses I know are the flooding which was already easy to avoid but now with new ECU reflashes by Mazda they've been reduced a lot, and transmission, which can be fragile especially if you do lots of drag racing.

I actually really like the RX8, and would have *much* preferred one over the Crossire. Lease pricing on the Chrysler was just way to good to turn down!

So no RX8 hating going on at my house! Growing up in Australia, I spent most of my youth wanting an R100, Rx2, RX3, RX4 or RX7 (I didn't like the RX5).

To put my friends comments in context, his other car is a Toyota Prius. ;-) He's used to cars that run on batteries! :shock:

Raider007 said:

:lol:

love the title of the website "doggiepoopcatcher" ... :lol:

but honestly, JC made a good comparison there ....

haz

scotth_uk said:
I actually really like the RX8, and would have *much* preferred one over the Crossire. Lease pricing on the Chrysler was just way to good to turn down!

So no RX8 hating going on at my house! Growing up in Australia, I spent most of my youth wanting an R100, Rx2, RX3, RX4 or RX7 (I didn't like the RX5).

To put my friends comments in context, his other car is a Toyota Prius. ;-) He's used to cars that run on batteries! :shock:

:lol:

well ok, you've got me..

welcome dude! :wink: I like the exterior styling of the Crossfire it's kinda cartoonish, very short ass, big wheels it has some stance... Doesn't seem to be very good in the performance department, nor in the confort one though, too bad cause with a look like that..

I guess the Xfire is like some of the other Chrysler 'style cars' (prowler, pt cruiser) - that is, someone forgot to invite the performance guy to the design meeting.

:D

Still, it goes, stops and corners better than any other cars I have had and costs me 3 beers a day.

Mind you, if I ever find the guy who decided to use so much grey plastic on the dash I am going to ....... $^&$%&^%^&%!!!!

>Have you taken both cars around it?

Sure have. I try to get there a couple of times per year with some friends. I have some camera mounts which I use to make videos whilst driving.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.