Texans Invade UK 2022 - Run for your lives! We have knives bigger than 4"

Der Stig

Panda Proselytizer
DONOR
Car(s)
Furrin Crap
@Nabster , me, my soon to be fiancé, and another friend of ours are heading to London for 7/29-8/12.

As of now, we are vaguely doing touristy things in London and going to Silverstone for Moto GP from 8/4-8/8 (no Ringmeet this year for us sadly). Girlfriend wants to take me to Amsterdam and who knows what else. But Nabster and I definitely want to be around to meet up for dinner/pub time with the FG Brittons.

Paging @MWF @Matt2000 @Andeh @captain_70s (if you have transportation that can make it :p )

Will have to see what's going on, that's potentially a very busy time. Festival of the Unexceptional on the 30th July, then the roadtrip is pencilled in for the 5th to Ringmeet so I have from the 3rd booked off work so I can actually get there. With 2 weeks booked off work in August I really need to work the two days of that week so that just leaves Sunday 31st. Would be great to meet up with you if it's possible!

@Der Stig Come to Finland! There's WRC, if you go up North you'll (just about) still have the midnight sun shining for you in late July, and and and...

What's 4" in CM?
Communist measurement? I'm sorry, they didn't learn us about that in school.

@Der Stig Come to Finland! There's WRC, if you go up North you'll (just about) still have the midnight sun shining for you in late July, and and and...

I'd love to- Scandinavian summer adventure is something that's on the to do list. Never have enough time to do everything I'd like unfortunately. Running around the UK might be all we get up to hah.

Sunday the 31st could work for me, I haven't been down to London in an absolute age so would be novel. 🤔

Will you be doing any touring beyond Silverstone? It's the Oulton Park Gold Cup 29th-31st which is sort of Goodwoodesque with its grids, good event.

I'm at Prescott hill climb on the 6th-7th of August for the VSCC event. Picture vintage Bugattis, Alfas, Bentleys etc. Not too far from London!

Otherwise, I'm up on the edge of the Lake District which is pretty nice to visit. I actually have a small cottage I run as a holiday rental if you wanted a place to crash in the north. It's currently available between 14th - 2nd with no bookings. I'd let you stay on the cheap if you came up this way! www.eamont.net

Last edited:
Oooo that looks lovely! I'll float the idea to the group about the cottage. Not sure how much more motoring type activities we'll get to, but good suggestions.

Moto GP is bike-y this stuff is car-y. Completely different 😉

Totally understand though, gotta make the most of your time. Either way I'd be game for a meal if people are free.

I'm afraid I'll be too far North for ease of travelling.

I've got the annual Autoshite meet up in North Wales on the 15th of July and then Festival of the Unexceptional on the 30th, potentially preceded by a week's roadtour of the north of England. So my bank account is going to take a hammering with hotel and petrol costs, by the time August rolls around I'll probably be living in the Volvo. :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to- Scandinavian summer adventure is something that's on the to do list. Never have enough time to do everything I'd like unfortunately. Running around the UK might be all we get up to hah.
So next time, then! We are not in Scandinavia, but Finland is close enough!

I'm afraid I'll be too far North for ease of travelling.

I've got the annual Autoshite meet up in North Wales on the 15th of July and then Festival of the Unexceptional on the 30th, potentially preceded by a week's roadtour of the north of England. So my bank account is going to take a hammering with hotel and petrol costs, by the time August rolls around I'll probably be living in the Volvo. :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like a good time, are you heading straight back up on the 30th or early on the 31st?

This being the UK, shouldn’t be “Run for your Knives?”