TG america an inevitability?

COME ON! Did you really just quote Motor Trend? Anyone who has read any amount of newstand auto journalism knows that Motortrend (much like TG and british cars) will almost always side with Ford or GM. Thats why if you have a half wit 1 you wont quote that POS mag and 2read something else like R&T or C&D.:hammer:

I'm completely on board with your attitude about MT. I was just running that list to show what American "automotive journalism" believes to be important vehicles.

I cut bait on MT long before it named the Toyota Camry car of the year!:blowup:

I'm not a motortrend guy, but you do realize they had a different car of the year for American car of the year award right?

If it's MT, it's all crap. Been that way for years, with no signs of changing.

Last edited:
Hmm, this will be interesting. It won't replace my love for the original Top Gear.

I think it would be great if HBO would pick it up and get a couple of decent presenters that dont side with Ford and GM all the time like MT and other magazines. But if it does get picked up by a network like NBC or FOX I think they will probably make it suck. The only problem with TG in america is because most people might not get it. But I do know that me and my friends all love Top Gear and I think it would be interesting to see how it would turn out.

But I wish that BBC America would at least play more Top Gear. :boohoo:

I think it would be great if HBO would pick it up and get a couple of decent presenters that dont side with Ford and GM all the time like MT and other magazines. But if it does get picked up by a network like NBC or FOX I think they will probably make it suck. The only problem with TG in america is because most people might not get it. But I do know that me and my friends all love Top Gear and I think it would be interesting to see how it would turn out.

But I wish that BBC America would at least play more Top Gear. :boohoo:

Ok your avatar has to go. That's the worst one on the board.

Yours isn't 1/4 as annoying as the damn neon frog!

Agreed.

No one in this country gives a shit about cars, I guess mainly because all Americans are so smart they've figured out that only Hondas and Toyotas are the greatest cars ever made and are the only cars that will last more than 5 years.

without giving it an oil change...

My friend had a '94 civic with 180,000 miles and in the 4 years of owning it, never changed the oil.

This is why you should listen to me :)

I am looking forward to beleiveing it when I sees it.