Spoilers: TG-Crew participating in Gumball 3000

gumball just rules and as it usually is: haters gonna hate. if top gear would really participate in gumball i am really looking forward to some bets or jokes with alex roy and team polizei...

a little taste of gumball driving skills:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4n5spSd3sw

You should read his book. Its a bit oddly written I think, but once you get into the meat its bloody riveting!

Does he still do these things? I got the feeling he'd had enough and he'd done all he wanted.

They really should at least have a 5 minute bit on him. He's easily one of the best gumballers.

I mean check this out

m5_ultimatum.jpg

The man took it very seriously, he wasnt really in to showing off... he just wanted to win. In there he's got a bout a million sat navs, radios, police radar scanners and jammers, Night vision (thats the cowled screen just above the center air vents and the same screen direcly infront of the co-pilot), he even has a pair of gyro-stabilised military spec binoculars for the co-pilot to use for spotting. On his cross country run he got a friend in a light aircraft to fly ahead of his route to scout for police. He was prepared to the max and he prepared to win. In his book he comes across as very scornful or annoyed with the chumps who turn up in a Lambo with a day bag and a sat nav and thats it.

Just a feature on that M5 and all its tech would be amazing.

Don't the organizers never get tired of insisting and assuring, that the Gumball is not a race? :p

And I wouldn't consider that Russian roulette with cars "driving skills". But that's my personal opinion.

Don't the organizers never get tired of insisting and assuring, that the Gumball is not a race? :p

And I wouldn't consider that Russian roulette with cars "driving skills". But that's my personal opinion.

Yeah its thinly disguised....but they have to do it that way or it wouldnt be allowed. But yeah guys at the front like Alex Roy dont even pretend to be rallying, its a race and they go flat out to win.

Just wanted to chip in a +1 for Alexander Roy's book, The Driver. Since the movie they shot is apparently never going to be released, the book is the next best thing, and it was quite good.

A very good read.

I met Alex in 2006 and he was quite the character. Had time to answer pretty much any question asked of him.

The BBC isn't state controlled. It is funded by mandatory TV license payments that are enshrined in law but its remit is to provide a broad spectrum of programming under the terms of its charter.

Not that TG tends to give a stuff about rules anyway.

If they are taking part then we can expect a shit load of pictures to appear well before the film is broadcast. Unless of course it is a team from TG magazine which makes more sense as there would only need to be two guys in the one car.
If Jackass can get away with participating in the Gumball Rally and showing it on MTV, I don't think the BBC has got anything to worry about, this will however be an AWESOME episode if it was to happen!

Something is wrong here. I cannot open the second page of this thread.

EDIT: Ah, now it works.