TG host's wrist watches

pitdog

Car(s)
bmw 330d, fiat punto, honda jazz, m3
What is the watch Jeremy is wearing in the latest series? Could it be Oris Williams F1 Team? I do notice the host have some particular preferences in regards of the watches they have. Hamster - rectangular, kinda modern and hip. James - either sth very modern or sth very traditional. Clarkson - well, he had quite a few watches throughout the seasons of TG, mostly traditional sporty types of watches. What are your observations?

The above mentioned Oris in its new incarnation:
http://www.professionalwatches.com/2008/07/oris_f1_williams.html#more

Nice watch. Very nice.

But what is it with men and watches? My bf is watch crazy. Stumped for a gift, get him a watch. Doesn't matter he already has 12 and keeps an eye on ebay just in case that special one comes up.

I am wondering if society have repressed you to the point that the only way you feel you can express yourself while maintaing your manhood is by your watch.

Even usually always sensible James wrote a very nice peice about a watch he is lusting after at the airport. I was relieved to read it because then I realized bf did not just have some weird obsession.

Nice watch. Very nice.

But what is it with men and watches? My bf is watch crazy. Stumped for a gift, get him a watch. Doesn't matter he already has 12 and keeps an eye on ebay just in case that special one comes up.

I am wondering if society have repressed you to the point that the only way you feel you can express yourself while maintaing your manhood is by your watch.

Even usually always sensible James wrote a very nice peice about a watch he is lusting after at the airport. I was relieved to read it because then I realized bf did not just have some weird obsession.

In short.
Watches are to men what Purses are to women :lol:

I know Hamster has a Breitling Chronomat (I think), white face, blue subdials and a blue leather strap. JC also has at least one Breitling but not sure what model.

On the other side Tiff has worn a classic Navitimer with stainless strap/case, black face and white subdials, and Plato has a Navitimer Montbrillant Datora (again I think).

JC also has some Tags and at least one Rolex.

Slow has a Sekonda......

In case you hadn't guessed I am a bit of a Breitling fan, although I can only afford the one and ?300+ for a service every two years is a bit fucking painful I can tell you!

Nice watch. Very nice.

A lot of guys spend large amounts of money on their shoes, clothes, haircuts, cologne etc. while still "maintaining their manhood". Not too many guys I know obsess about watches in comparison to everything else I listed.
But for me, a watch is something I would spend a significant amount of money on compared to just about any other "fashion accessory".

I don't get the watch obsession myself. Hell, I don't get why most women, including my mom go batshit crazy over bags/purses. Although I do go a bit crazy over boots/computers/cars/video games/gadgets/cars/anime & manga/cars.....

Hello all - Top Gear and watches....well, I had to jump in for that! Love both - fortunately, TG is much more economical! All the guys seem to have really nice collections of watches.

Jeremy's been wearing a Bremont ALT1-C lately (thanks to Timezone.com forums), and used to wear Omega's both the Seamaster SMP and Planet Ocean - all chronographs. Richard's been spotted with TAG Heuer Monaco and what I think to be a JLC Squadra - square chronographs - although he's had on something round and chronograph-ish lately. James claims a couple of Rado's, Omega's (hopefully he's picked up that Railmaster he's had his eye on), IWC - totally eclectic mix.

Ok, enough watch poncing.

I want that TAG!!!!!

Wonder how much it is in NZ? Might have to trade my other TAG in for it methinks.

My gf dosent get that I miss my TAG atm coz its in a box as were moving. :(

I don't like square watches. It's somewhat robotic and futuristic and I don't fancy it... so I have a round Casio. XD

I have a $27 Timex something with the special band that will not melt on my arm if I ever find myself in the dessert of Kuwait or the likes.

Yep, you guessed it. B'day present from the bf. And until I started reading this thread, I was quite happy with it. But After thinking about what he is wearing on his wrist I am getting a bit pissed off.

I think I am going to go look for the not a dude versions of some of the watches talked about here.

Here's the counterfeit version that I bought in Hong Kong for A$64, in a transaction that was like the scene from "Scarface" - you know, the coke deal with the Columbians??? - the only things missing were the chainsaw, and the Columbians!

BTW, it has kept time to the second for almost two years!

HongKongHeuer.jpg

I've noticed their watches from time to time, but don't know enough about the expensive ones to know what they're wearing.

I think for us guys, it's the combination of technology and "shiny-pretty". I would probably have a nice watch if I hadn't already spent my money on the race car, the motorcycle, keeping my Jaguar clean, etc., etc. Oh, and my cowboy boots, Bachrach shirts, um...

I've got a Timex that was my father's, a Citizen that was my grandfather's, and a $20 Timex Expedition that I bought at Wal-Mart. I'll ogle the nice watches at the mall, but I have other expenses and responsibilities that need to be addressed first. And the world of collector watches is quite dodgy. eBay and other places are stuffed with fake Omegas and such.

I've seen Clarkson wearing a Planet Ocean as mentioned. Slightly OT, but I've seen Jason Plato wearing a Panerai.

When i have some time i'll find an episode (seasone 8 or 9...) with Clarkson's previous watch, looked like some Omega or Tag.

Here's the counterfeit version that I bought in Hong Kong for A$64, in a transaction that was like the scene from "Scarface" - you know, the coke deal with the Columbians??? - the only things missing were the chainsaw, and the Columbians!

BTW, it has kept time to the second for almost two years!

HongKongHeuer.jpg

Look! A bear is wearing a watch!