TG Interviews Aussie Presenters

I'm cuious as to how well Charlie will be able to present a show about motoring in Australia if he is going to keep living in London.

The filming will be short sharp, and planned well in advance. I'm sure that they will bring him out, film, and let him return home. Depending on the cash, he may have come back.

I'm not worried about the logistics. I'm worried about him being out of touch with the car market in Australia. As I pointed out in the rest of my post, he seems to think Ford still sells the Festiva here.

Point taken, although an international eye is an asset in my opinion. Someone not caught up in the local crap is likely to be a decent critic.

I dunno about our aussie versions, it aint gunna be the same as the BBCs Clarkson, Hammond and May. they get along so well and deliver humour to a serious show which i rekon is gunna be the end for SBS. I would have tried to get Grant Denyer, Mark Skaife and some other car journalist or car know it all. Everything Grant touches seems to turn to gold and im sure they could have done a deal with channel 7 and i reckon Denyer would have loved to be part of the show.

A lot of people threw Grant's name around when TopGear Australia was first announced.

Take a look at some of the interviews the TGA hosts have given and look at their audition videos. Should make you feel better. :)

I think the three guys they've picked will do a far, far better job than Grant, Skaifey & a journo would've done. That line-up would be better suited to a more pure automotive show - an Aussie Fifth Gear for instance.

I I would have tried to get Grant Denyer, Mark Skaife and some other car journalist or car know it all. Everything Grant touches seems to turn to gold and im sure they could have done a deal with channel 7 and i reckon Denyer would have loved to be part of the show.

Well, should TGA rate very well, expect Channel 7 to buy the rights to Fifth Gear and rebadge it as 'Seventh Gear'. Your dream team of Denyer, Skaife and whoever else with a vague idea about cars and/or contractually obliged with Channel 7 (Dick Johnson?) should then materialise. Expect something of the calibre of that 'Drive' program that Channel 10 made a few years back, only during prime time. Then, expect the program to be pulled after 3 weeks to make way for 'Dancing With The Choir'.

New to 7 in '09. You heard it here first.

Although Grant Denyer is a funny bloke and a V8 supercar driver, i don't think he'll do too well as a presenter, Skaife will just be talking Holden the whole series.

Give these guys ago i know i will, SBS has its job well and not just looked at the simple options for car presenters. Hell BBC could have chosen Jackie Stewart and some TV presenter as TGUK hosts but they didn't.

I just want them to hurry up already

I really think TGA will bomb out honestly, yes i will watch it and probably wont miss an episode but they need to mix it up a little by throwing in some challenges that just seem ridiculous (eg, Africa or north pole) what the poms have done is create the perfect car show that is just aimed at the one group of people which is what all the other car shows on TV are about (revheads). but TG appeals to everyone, my mother watches it for god sake.

but still i gave TG a go being it is pommy TV, so i guess i gotta give these new blokes a go.

My opinion: F_ck Grant Denyer, and anyone who wants to see that irritating dancing monkey on tv ever again.

Like many Australian TV presenters (of any type of show, especially ACA and TT), I want to kick the tv in when I see him.

I think SBS have a lot at stake as well. Seeing they advertise now (even more so now than a few months ago) and TG original rakes in the numbers they won't want to spoil it by making a crap TGA. I wouldn't even be surprised if it's a co-production or something like that.

It says that TG USA has already started production, are there any fixed dates for Oz yet.

My opinion: F_ck Grant Denyer, and anyone who wants to see that irritating dancing monkey on tv ever again.

Like many Australian TV presenters (of any type of show, especially ACA and TT), I want to kick the tv in when I see him.

ROFL ... a man after my own heart. Look forward to appearing along side you in the SBS version of Grumpy Old Men!

Now that we know who's presenting, my interest has risen again.

They should do an episode on competing in targa tasmania.

Now that we know who's presenting, my interest has risen again.

They should do an episode on competing in targa tasmania.

Or they could send Warren Brown to the Summernats in one of his vintage cars ...