TG is filming in Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler image!
topgearopzolder.jpg

Edit: seems like they are also testing the new R8 diesel (belgium : diesel country)

Last edited:
Seems like they're shooting multiple segments:
-Audi R8 TDi
-double decker cards
-one witness also saw them with big goals (football)
-the same one saw a very small car on a trailer (peel?)

also some range rovers and mercedesses

btw: they tried fooling everyone by saying TG won't be filming today because of a double booking, but the preparations (yesterday/today) make it very hard to believe!

Top Gear Movement at Zolder, Belgium

Top Gear Movement at Zolder, Belgium

This is a link to a Dutch website, but I think it's an older forum thread. They are arguing about the tests in Zolder of an Audi RS8, to be seen or not from a public road.

This is a more accurate link from today, about some stuff happening in Zolder.
Check it out:
http://www.autoforum.be/showthread.php?p=2702006

Interesting is this img:
BILD1295.jpg

The upper car is for steering. The car down only has the pedals. The steering colon goes through the cars, all the way down.

I've sent a mail to ViperBond007 about it some minutes ago (he posted here afterwards (check above)):

"Hello,

I'm a very big fan from Belgium, and some interesting news came to me today, may the 22th, on a Belgian radio post.
Seems like the complete Top Gear-crew were filming on a closed set on the circuit of Zolder, here in Belgium.
It was a closed set, but James May and Jeremy Clarckson were present.
They were doing something with "doubledecker" cars (like a Mercedes with the frame of al Golf welded on top of it).
At first they let seem that they had rescheduled, but it has been confirmed that the whole Top Gear-BBC-crew where present this morning.
Check it out, it should be great fun to see what they were on about.

Greets from Antwerp, Belgium to you all.

see: - http://www.autoforum.be/showthread.php?p=2702006"

that means another challenge bit!

Top car is for steering, bottom car is for throttle/brake/shifting gear
Didn't they already do this in their "stars in fast cars"?

This is a link to a Dutch website, but I think it's an older forum thread. They are arguing about the tests in Zolder of an Audi RS8, to be seen or not from a public road.

This is a more accurate link from today, about some stuff happening in Zolder.
Check it out:

Interesting is this img:
BILD1295.jpg

The upper car is for steering. The car down only has the pedals. The steering colon goes through the cars, all the way down.

I've sent a mail to ViperBond007 about it some minutes ago (he posted here afterwards (check above)):

"Hello,

I'm a very big fan from Belgium, and some interesting news came to me today, may the 22th, on a Belgian radio post.
Seems like the complete Top Gear-crew were filming on a closed set on the circuit of Zolder, here in Belgium.
It was a closed set, but James May and Jeremy Clarckson were present.
They were doing something with "doubledecker" cars (like a Mercedes with the frame of al Golf welded on top of it).
At first they let seem that they had rescheduled, but it has been confirmed that the whole Top Gear-BBC-crew where present this morning.
Check it out, it should be great fun to see what they were on about.

Greets from Antwerp, Belgium to you all.

see: - http://www.autoforum.be/showthread.php?p=2702006"

You just said everything I typed in the posts above you? BTW, it's not a a mercedes but a jag and not a golf but a rover

http://img242.imageshack.**/img242/3654/img4197qb0.jpg

Anyway, what's the point of testing the R8 TDI on a track when it's highly restricted by the gearbox? If you give full whelly the gearbox would just grind to dust... :p

Last edited:
I don't think T. Schrick is the Stig, remember that TG producer said they were going to have a war against the German TG, probably they are filming that feature.

I don't think T. Schrick is the Stig, remember that TG producer said they were going to have a war against the German TG, probably they are filming that feature.
He's not THE Stig, but he may play the Stig for this segment. I mean, kinda odd for him to be in a white suit otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.