TG on discovery channel

mathie

I just saw that discovery channel broadcasts Top Gear.
Is that the same TG and does anyone know about that?

moo said:
I think that these eps are the specially filmed links episodes for the American audience (Top Gear America). In which case I'll be watching cos I'm in the audience on one :)

Interesting ;)

aparently it is going to be airing but they mixed the epsoides all up. for example their doing the exige and teh db9 race to monte carlo in 2 different epsoides but thoes 2 segments aired together in the bbc version

azn2nr said:
aparently it is going to be airing but they mixed the epsoides all up. for example their doing the exige and teh db9 race to monte carlo in 2 different epsoides but thoes 2 segments aired together in the bbc version

They did the exact same thing with Fifth Gear. I was arranging some episodes, and noticed that.

I can't seem to find Top Gear listed on Discovery's website anywhere, but my new MythTV box should be up and running tomorrow, so I'll enter it in the guide and see what comes up.

Wednesday, June 29th at 10pm Eastern and Pacific Time (if you have satellite, you can see it earlier if you are in Pacific, Mountain or Central Time).

i am getting some TV recording hardware for my comp soon so i hope that i can record it and share it with you guys

I just did a search on my Media Center and found Top Gear also scheduled for June 29th, the description is slightly different but basically the same as the Discovery website.
Repeat. The lads race a BMW 6 series, Porsche 911 and Jaguar XKR along Pendine Sands in Wales; Johnny Vaughan and Denis Van Outen are the "Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car."
looks like this is an edited-version of [04x05], which is about 2 seasons behind

since I have Dish Network, I'll be getting this program 3 hours earlier (7:00PM to be exact) I will record it and encode it in Divx 5 if anyone's interested.

I'm hoping there will be no commericals (most likely won't happen and also means they will be cutting out around 15 minutes total) and I'm looking foward to look for the difference in the US release.

The show premeres tomorrow and I have not seen any ads or even a blurb of the show on the channel's main page of their site.

Great marketing effort, Discovery. :roll:

Well, my MythTV box still hasn't gotten itself running yet. Sucks, but I don't think I'll get to record it. I'm gonna take it into work tomorrow and try to get it running. Oh well, at least _I'll_ be able to watch it :)

Episode 2 of systm basically did a step by step setup for MythTV on your Linux box, turning it into an HDTV PVR. :)

Maybe it'll ya out: www.systm.org
Download thru BT, available in XviD and h.264

its gonna be shit though.

30mins WITH commercials. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

repeated stuff we already saw and no news but Ill still watch.

humm...according to my Media Center it's one hour long, from 10pm-11pm (7pm-8pm for me)

next Wensday's Top Gear is already listen on my Media Center,
Repeat. The race to Monte Carlo is on, with Jeremy in the new Aston Martin DB9, and Richard and James travelling by high-speed train; actress Fay Ripley
looks like edited version of [04x01], the order they're broadcasting is very weird, [04x05] this week and [04x01] next week :|

[edit] woah...I just noticed [04x01] is the one with the Lotus Exige vs. Apache clip, where Jeremy said "Being British and not American, they don't shoot their own allies"
wonder if Discovery Channel's gonna chop that off or not :mrgreen:

justin syder said:

It's gonna have an hour time slot, so that's 45 minutes, no too much cut out, prolly the news and the celeb stuff... The first ep is gonna be Series 5 ep 1 I believe. It's the 911, Apache gunship one. :)

profingersk8er YO! I too have dish network and I was amazed when I was channel flippin and came across that they were going to show "Top Gear" @ 7pm! today.. I hope that you will encode it cause I dont have that function!.... Anyways.. Id be glad to have it if you could upload it as torrent?!

Keep up the good work

Peace :twisted:

justin syder said:

You have already seen it? I mean, since you know that "its just gonna be shit"?! Who is interested in what you think?

Ps. I dont adore puppets! Ds.