TG plug on Jay Leno's Garage

racingfan1

Did a quick search about it, didn't find anything, so please don't burn me at the steak if it's a repost. ;)

Leno's Garage website has the SLR McLaren review and while talking about the brakes he says '...if you go to Youtube and search Top Gear SLR, you'll see Jeremy Clarkson stop this car at 120 in the same distance as a normal car from 60...' Don't know exactly how many people will see it, but it'll get the word out there about the show a bit more.

Jay's Garage

Last edited:
Did a quick search about it, didn't find anything, so please don't burn me at the steak if it's a repost. ;)

I would but I'm a vegetarian :p

Yep, Leno is a big TG fan and he's admitted as much - he reviews cars for the Times when Clarkson is away.

Actually, from memory, I think he stopped the SLR in LESS distance at 120 equipped with carbon ceramic brakes...

Actually, from memory, I think he stopped the SLR in LESS distance at 120 equipped with carbon ceramic brakes...

correct.

The whole point of the exercise was to say that the rules about braking distances are too old and no longer relevant

a normal car should be able to stop from 60 mph in that distance, and the SLR can stop from 120 mph

...which is batshit insane really when you think how fast that is, and how short the distance is...

He also linked to Top Gear in his review for the Ariel Atom ;-)

Well im sure the SLR would stop but Top Gear had to do some retrys.

PDVD_014-1.jpg

PDVD_015.jpg

PDVD_016.jpg

PDVD_017.jpg

PDVD_018.jpg

PDVD_019.jpg

PDVD_020.jpg

Wish I could make GIF's
(My first post after so many months of lurking here :D)