TG:R Lap times?

Cathexis

Car(s)
2012 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
Anyone else find the lap times posted by the Stig on TG:R just a little hard to believe?

After the first episode I became skeptical when the Range Rover Sport beat the MX-5....Maybe it did....not likely!! Then, after the Aston's shameful time DB-9 S or not....But now, the icing on the cake....Episode 5.....the Ferrari 550 posts a 1:19 in the DRY, 2 seconds slower than the Aston which was a wet lap. Surely, even a 7 year old Ferrari is capable of bettering a Range Rover Sport by 2 measly seconds!

In case you still have doubts....

The fastest SIARPC was 3 seconds slower than the 550 at 1:22.......IN A LADA KALINA

Last edited:
It seems to be a pretty much useless imitation of the original concept, if you ask me. I see the times as nearly random, thanks to radically changing weather conditions, producers influence (someone here mentioned that Miata was deliberately made a whipping boy by the producers, not sure if it's true though), Stig's attitude - sometimes it doesn't look like he's pushing it anywhere near the limit.

So even when I look at the powerlap board itself, let alone siarpc laps, it's just a total mess of a thing.

Stig's attitude - sometimes it doesn't look like he's pushing it anywhere near the limit.

So even when I look at the powerlap board itself, let alone siarpc laps, it's just a total mess of a thing.

Now just imagine, TG RE producer borrows a supercar from his friend in Rublevskoye highway :) , would he let the Stig push the full throttle?
Would he let him test the car with spins, tire squeeze, etc.?
Surely not. That's the problem. They care too much about the car's safety!!! :D

My idea is that TG RE should borrow cars from TG UK, if UK Stig doesn't destroy them completely.

Last edited:
First of all the russians track is isn't really selective enought. It's basically a couple of 90? corners and that's it, so lap times are more down to track conditions, than the cars power or torque. They also use a disused airfield and if the airfields I've encountered in russia are anything to go by every 2-inch above the ground car like a Ferrari are lucky if they don't bottom out.

Moscow Domodedovo is one of russias main airports and it's runway and apron were, um, rugged and Omsk Zentralnoye that was just plain horrible. Flew in there a couple time aboard a sturdy Tupolev Tu-154 which has a massive landing gear, designed to cope with gravel runways and although Omsk has a paved runway, our spines were administered an almighty workout everytime we landed there.

So basically the lap times are utterly useless. They would have been better off using the test track the stig drove on during the crap car challenge.