TG Russian Edition S.1 Ep.3 (March,8 on air)

Lyon4ik

To launch discussion I'd like to post announced contents of the 3rd episode.

Michael Petrovsky tests an Alpina B3.

Nikolay Fomenko starts destruction of GAZ 66 truck to find out if there is anything that could damage the car.

Oscar Kuchera compares two Ford Mustangs: the original legendary model to a modern one.

Moreover, the hosts organize a real funeral for an old British Rover.

The programme's guest is an artist (painter) Nikolas Safronov.

Source - my post on MyTopGear.ru forum.

Last edited:
lol
want to see damaging GAZ-66

Quote from Wikipedia about GAZ-66 to give you people a notion of it:

The GAZ-66 is a Russian 4x4 all-road (off road) military truck produced by GAZ. It was the main transport vehicle for motorized infantry of the Soviet Army and is still employed in former Soviet Union countries. It is nicknamed shishiga (??????) shehsherik (???????) trueman (in Siberia).

The GAZ-66 has gained legendary status in many countries around the world due to its reliability, simplicity and off-road capability. Thanks to standard features such as a front mounted winch, Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS) and self locking differentials the Gaz-66 is extremely popular with armed forces all around the world as well as off-road enthusiasts. Production ceased in 1999, with the GAZ-3308 being produced instead.

GAZ_66.jpg

Source

Last edited:
That thing is indestructable! Should be interesting! :D

And yet again, the main feature is a complete copy of the original TG idea. Why not at least try to come up with something interesting themselves, Australians did that and managed rather well?..

Alpina bit should be interesting. Has TG ever reviewed any of those professionally tuned cars (like Alpina, Hamann, Gemballa, Edo Competitions etc...)?

I'd really like them to put the new Lambo Murcielago 670-4 SV up against Edo's Murcielago 710-2 (Yes, thats right. 710hp, RWD conversion)

Last edited:
Alpina bit should be interesting. Has TG ever reviewed any of those professionally tuned cars (like Alpina, Hamann, Gemballa, Edo Competitions etc...)?

It's simple. I guess this Alpina belongs to the chief editor (just like Aston from the second episode). So TGR tests the cars they can easily get.

Has TG ever reviewed any of those professionally tuned cars (like Alpina, Hamann, Gemballa, Edo Competitions etc...)?
They tested an Alpina Z8 (TG 02x03), and didn't like it. Although I agree, they could return to this kind of things once more, now that 10 series have passed :)