TG SatNav Voices

Sad indeed, but get one while you can. I reckon they will go for a premium on eBay! ;)

Under the conflict of interest section of the BBC?s editorial guidelines, presenters ?must take particular care not to endorse any product or service which could be covered in the programmes on which they work?.

Why was James then allowed to endorse London Pride? :blink:

Beer is unlikely to be covered on a motoring show whilst a satnav intended for cars is quite possibly a subject of coverage on said show. Or so the beancounters' and pinheads' logic would go. Never mind that TopGear has never and probably will never review an aftermarket GPS unit.

Pretty sure the BBC just made itself real unpopular and made contract renewal a heck of a lot more expensive.

Last edited:
A senior BBC executive said there had been a ?monumental cock-up? by the corporation?s commercial arm, which had failed to check with the editorial policy team before allowing the satnav company to begin manufacturing the devices.

Man, I hate it when executives use corporate jargon to describe situations... <_<

Beer is unlikely to be covered on a motoring show whilst a satnav intended for cars is quite possibly a subject of coverage on said show.

That was James as an individual.

I think Linden is thinking of the Oz and James programmes, all of which covered liquor extensively and aired on the BBC. But then, Drink to Britain is almost three years old now (in terms of either filming it or its initial broadcast), and the London Pride adverts were made this year. :hmm:

I think Linden is thinking of the Oz and James programmes, all of which covered liquor extensively and aired on the BBC. But then, Drink to Britain is almost three years old now (in terms of either filming it or its initial broadcast), and the London Pride adverts were made this year. :hmm:

IIRC, Drink To Britain isn't an ongoing regularly scheduled series. That's the difference, I think.

I just ordered one off the US tomtom site, will give impression and reviews after I receive it.

This finally came in the mail:

6304313380_a30fea201c_z.jpg

6304314206_723751b935_z.jpg

power on screen
6303789321_72fc41253f_z.jpg

6304315034_d87cd1b400_z.jpg

lol @ car choices

6303790453_15c7e23e51_z.jpg

6303790877_ab7262960d_z.jpg

power off screen

6304312306_21238c18a0_z.jpg

Last edited:
Erm, now I dunno just throwing this out there.
What if someone were to accidentally rip the voice files and then maybe share them?

Erm, now I dunno just throwing this out there.
What if someone were to accidentally rip the voice files and then maybe share them?

I'm pretty sure there will be voice file rips avail online very soon as more of these units are being sold.

(I don't know how to do it, so it won't be me)