TGA back on SBS2

Icedvovo

Car(s)
XJ Jeep, Volvo 142s, Manx Buggy, AE82 Corolla
Top Gear Australia is apparently on SBS2 tonight (Sat) at 8:30pm. Curiouser and curiouser.

"Self confessed motoring nut Vince Colosimo joins hosts Charlie Cox, Warren Brown and Steve Pizzati. Tonight the boys try out the new LP560 Lamborghini Gallardo super sportscar, while Charlie test drives the latest Porsche 911. Through oceans, sand and snow there's nowhere the boys won't go to challenge the cars and each other in this distinctively Australian series. (Commissioned by SBS in English) (Entertainment Series) (Rpt) PG CC WS"

Last edited:
It is strange, isn't it? It may mean that 9 (may they fester and rot) is looking to exercise its right to produce a local TG, so SBS is airing what it has to get as much use out of them as they can until they're forced to stop airing them.

It may also mean that 9 (two-minutes hate!) may not be looking to produce a local version in the near (say, 12-24 month) future.

It is strange, isn't it? It may mean that 9 (may they fester and rot) is looking to exercise its right to produce a local TG, so SBS is airing what it has to get as much use out of them as they can until they're forced to stop airing them.

It may also mean that 9 (two-minutes hate!) may not be looking to produce a local version in the near (say, 12-24 month) future.

I don't see SBS being forced to stop showing the old series- they funded them, produced than and as such will probably own the rights to them until they decide to sell them What may become iffy is if SBS tries to market it as "Top Gear Australia", as nine owns the rights to that name and could technically stop SBS from being allowed to call it that.

I'm also not hating that much on nine anymore- I mean, they did stretch out the length of series 14 until people just forgot about it (real good move there nine, nobody knew you were showing it because they were sick of re-runs and stopped watching), but now we will be/are getting full length eps (albeit with ads). Pretty cool on their part, we will be the only country to get this apart from downloading (illegally or not)- obviously UK excluded :lol:

I was curious. Neither James Morrison nor Steve Pizzati list anything about Top Gear in their twitter profiles anymore. Both of them used to say something.

Yeah, it has Charlie as one of the hosts listed. I was going to mention it in my last post, but I thought it was kinda obvious (and I kinda implied it anyway). My bad! :lol:

Am I the only one that believes that had James Morrison been one of the hosts from the very beginning, TGA's future would be more secure? Freehand ... What Were They Thinking?

Am I the only one that believes that had James Morrison been one of the hosts from the very beginning, TGA's future would be more secure? Freehand ... What Were They Thinking?

I think you're right. It would have helped.

+1

Adding James was a great idea as was the shift in the studio to more fun things rather than just blindly following the UK ('Some say...' intros, news etc etc)
Lets just hope S1 didn't cripple it so much that a third series wont get made.