TGA nominated for Logies.

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
TopGear Australia has been nominated for several Logie awards-

Most Ppoular Personality On TV (Gold Logie)
Most Popular Presenter (Silver Logie)
Most Popular Lifestyle Program

Voting in now open. You can do so here.

Hopefully if it gets some attention at the Logies, then more poeple will tune in for series 2.

You reckon we can rig the Logies so that Warren Brown gets the Gold Logie? :p

(his number is 214)

Last edited:
How can TGA not win Most Popular Lifestyle Program, look at the options:
4 Ingredients - never heard of it
Huey's Cooking Adventures - quite good
Better Homes And Gardens - dull
Ready Steady Cook - horrible since the new host
Can We Help? - decent
Selling Houses Australia - what?
Collectors - a bad Antiques Roadshow
Stuart MacGill Uncorked - huh?
Domestic Blitz - horrible show
The Best In Australia - never heard of it?
Dry Spell Gardening - how to plant dirt?
The Cook And The Chef - pretty good show
Food Safari - decent
The Great Outdoors - just go outside
Fresh: Cooking With The Australian Women's Weekly - just another cooking show
The Outdoor Room - horrible
Gardening Australia - not the same now
Tobie & Matt - huh?
Getaway - no doubt this will win
Top Gear Australia - How is TGA not the best show here?

Voted Warren in the other two. Cox winning would be hilarious though.

I've tried, but I can't do it.

No, I really can't do it. I don't think the site is Mac compliant.

Oh well, Chuck misses out on a comedy vote.

:)

If this is all there is to pick from... what a sad indictment of the state of Australian "popular culture".
Indeed. Though I was expecting Top Gear to be in Factual.

Those are just basically every show that is eligible. These votes are just for short listing. There will be some over network rate SMSes required for the actual win. I'll waste some money on getting them to win over the rest of this rubbish.

I woldn't count on that. Logie voting is usually conducted through filling out voting forms in TV Week magazine and this website clearly says "of course, you can still vote using the form in TV WEEK".

Another vote for Warren (anyone else hear his name in their head like it's GNW?)

It does amuse me that the television industry promote the logies like they're the equivalent of the Oscars.... and it's decided by people who read TV week and can be bothered to vote.

Does anyone here know of anyone who has ever actually voted with TV week?

It would be interesting if it was decided by something a lot more accurately representing the TV watching public over a much wider range of people.

Lisa McCune has won a logie for "most popular" when she wasn't even on television for that year...

^^ I think I voted last year, even though I don't watch much (free-to-air) TV and didn't know 99% of the nominees :D ... but only because it was via the web and easy. I've never bought or read a copy of TV Week in my life.

I think the only thing the award ceremony has done that is even vaguely amusing (in it's entire history) is the time when Bert Newton called Mohamed Ali a "boy" (prior to him coming down with Parkinson's Disease). Even Andrew Denton's attack on James Packer was boringly muted.

I think they are pretty much rubbish and would love to see Charlie Cox's name along side those other "greats" of Aussie TV, like Daryl Somers.

Didn't TV Week admit to "shaping" the vote count last year as the online voting didn't "reflect" the filled out form trends? Might have just been for one or two specific awards.

Seriously though, the fact that series 1 of TGA is up for any kind of award speaks volumes for the poor state of Australian TV production. It shouldn't be winning any awards as it simply wasn't that good, but when you look at the other nominees....

Seriously though, the fact that series 1 of TGA is up for any kind of award speaks volumes for the poor state of Australian TV production. It shouldn't be winning any awards as it simply wasn't that good, but when you look at the other nominees....

You quote Hammond "You are a absolute spanner"

Seriously the production values alone shit all over ANYTHING on Australian TV. TGA is the best motoring show we have ever had in this country and lets face it just because it doesn't live up to your stupid wet dream of TGUK clone doesn't make TGA a bad Australian show, heck bad show altogether.

Judge it for what it is for christ sake

/deepbreath :lol:

Oh and I put my vote in got TGA and Steve Pizzati

Last edited:
You quote Hammond "You are a absolute spanner"

Seriously the production values alone shit all over ANYTHING on Australian TV. TGA is the best motoring show we have ever had in this country and lets face it just because it doesn't live up to your stupid wet dream of TGUK clone doesn't make TGA a bad Australian show, heck bad show altogether.

Judge it for what it is for christ sake

/deepbreath :lol:

Oh and I put my vote in got TGA and Steve Pizzati

If it were up for technical awards (which the public aren't allowed to vote for), then it would be justified.

But it's up for popular awards - the ratings drop off through the series tells you that it wasn't that popular & people didn't like what they saw. You did, & you put your vote in - that's how the Logies work champ.

BTW, if anyone's guilty of a stupid wet dream of a TGUK clone, it's the producers. Assuming you were around here while the series was screening, you would've seen that most of the criticism was that they were over doing the TGUK cloning. It needs to find its own identity & stop being TGUK lite.

the ratings drop off through the series tells you that it wasn't that popular & people didn't like what they saw.

Clearly, Aussies prefer to watch people trying to sneak in dodgy food through customs *cough* Border Security *cough* than a halfway decent car show. Sad, really ... which is why Border Security will be probably be shortlisted and TGA won't.