TGA Ratings

Shame because this weeks episode was actually really good. It'll take a long time to win back the audience after they burned them with episode one though.

Unfortunately it is still falling despite how much better the episodes are getting:
THE FORCE/BORDER SECURITY Seven 1,689,500
TWO AND A HALF MEN/TIL DEATH Nine 1,115,000
7.30 REPORT/AUSTRALIAN STORY ABC1 939,000*
AUSTRALIAN IDOL - THE LIVE VERDICT Ten 901,000
TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA SBS 435,000

*Figure doesn't include 7.30 report, it usually rates lower, so it will probably mean that Aust. Idol will win in the hour.

Unfortunately it is still falling despite how much better the episodes are getting:
THE FORCE/BORDER SECURITY Seven 1,689,500
TWO AND A HALF MEN/TIL DEATH Nine 1,115,000
7.30 REPORT/AUSTRALIAN STORY ABC1 939,000*
AUSTRALIAN IDOL - THE LIVE VERDICT Ten 901,000
TOP GEAR AUSTRALIA SBS 435,000

*Figure doesn't include 7.30 report, it usually rates lower, so it will probably mean that Aust. Idol will win in the hour.

Why god why is two and a half men rating better, that show is about as enjoyable as grating your face on cheese grater.

Why god why is two and a half men rating better, that show is about as enjoyable as grating your face on cheese grater.

Beats me - I can't believe Nine shows three episodes in the one night. Clearly the ratings boxes are placed in households where breathing in & out is a major mental task.

With all the reality programming these days, Two and a Half Men is one of the only SitComs still on Australian television. Think about it, how many first-run SitComs are being whown in Australia these days? Virtually none.

And, um... I guess now would be a bad time to admit that I have several seasons of Two and a Half Men on DVD. :blush:

There?s nothing wrong with Two And A Half Men. After a hard day at the office, sometimes you just gotta turn the brain off and let a whole bunch of dick jokes wash over ... ;)

Last edited:
I don't mind Two and a Half Men and Border Security and the stuff on ABC. What I don't get is why everyone still watched idol? Let it die like Big Brother FFS. That's just madness that the ratings for TGA are going down fast. Come on people, let's keep it up, shall we?

Well at those figures, I expect Idol to die pretty soon. 2.5 men is good, yet showing repeats for like the 3rd time now.
Guys have to remember it is govt funded, and on the worst channel ever. SBS, which TGA is showed on, used to not have ad breaks so the 60 min long regular TG episodes showed the whole way through. I was very annoyed when they started showing ads.

SBS, which TGA is showed on, used to not have ad breaks so the 60 min long regular TG episodes showed the whole way through. I was very annoyed when they started showing ads.

Oh jeez, not again. If I had a dollar for every time I've had to correct this misconception I'd be driving a Veyron.

SBS has never shown whole episodes of TG. BBC2 in the UK is the only station on the planet that shows the whole, unedited episode. SBS shows the "international" version. This version is edited by the BBC prior to sale. The intrduction of commercial breaks on SBS (a whole 5 minutes per hour) has no effect on the length episodes that are shown.

I would gladly watch two and a half men over top gear aussie. There is a long list of shows I would rather watch over TG:A

Ouch, TG:A is not that bad. It can't be that bad or I wouldn't watch it. I won't watch two and a half men and have not watched it since season 1.

This is really sad with the ratings as I am really starting to like TG:A. Is it good like TG where I arrange my schedule so I can watch it as soon as the torrent finishes? No. However, I do watch the show within the week as I find the time because I do enjoy it.

Oh jeez, not again. If I had a dollar for every time I've had to correct this misconception I'd be driving a Veyron.

SBS has never shown whole episodes of TG. BBC2 in the UK is the only station on the planet that shows the whole, unedited episode. SBS shows the "international" version. This version is edited by the BBC prior to sale. The intrduction of commercial breaks on SBS (a whole 5 minutes per hour) has no effect on the length episodes that are shown.

Then why was Top Gear on for 60 minutes without breaks? There was always news and the ending bit where they talked about their cars, like with their amphibious vehicles, I clearly remember Jezza trying to start up his Hilux and failing.

It never went for 60 minutes without breaks on SBS. It went for about 55 minutes without breaks. It has always been the edited "international" version.

At least three versions. There is BBC2's original version, the International version (which is slightly shorter and has some different music) and the 30 minute BBC World version.

Ahh, nice to know another piece of TG, thanks stiggie.

SL65, were you loyal to TG or were you watching two and a half men? :p

stiggie, I'll donate 50c towards your Bugatti Veyron, for your fact ;)

Last edited: