TGA Series 2 to have "a stunt in the studio"

Eyce

Car(s)
Ferrari Marenello... 1/24 Scale Model...
Yeah, you read right.

[url=http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/03/audience-tix-top-gear-australia-2.html]TVTonight[/url] said:
SBS is offering audience tickets for its second season of Top Gear Australia.

To film in April, the new series will feature a new line-up led by musician and car afficionado, James Morrison.

The top rating locally produced motoring entertainment program returns for its second series on SBS on 11 May.

?The studio audiences for Top Gear Australia are the privileged few who get to see the amazing cars close up, experience an exciting television series being filmed and there?s often an opportunity to chat with the show hosts at the end of the night,? said Denise Eriksen, Manager, Production and Development SBS TV and Online.

?The filming of Top Gear Australia series two will offer even more excitement with a new host in James Morrison who joins the ever popular Warren Brown and Steve Pizzati - and, at every show, the audience will see, first hand, a brand new segment which will involve a stunt in the studio. I can say no more!?

An application form for tickets is at www.sbs.com.au/topgearaustralia

Studio Audience Dates / Applications Close

Tuesday 7 April / Tuesday 10 March
Thursday 9 April / Tuesday 10 March
Tuesday 14 April / Tuesday 17 March
Thursday 16 April / Tuesday 17 March
Tuesday 12 May / Tuesday 14 April
Thursday 14 May / Tuesday 14 April
Tuesday 19 May / Tuesday 21 April
Thursday 21May / Tuesday 21 April

Top Gear Australia films in Sydney.

Certainly interesting. Although I wonder what they could possibly do in the studio.

I'm pretty sure this isn't a spoiler because it's an incredibly vague hint...

I wonder if it will involve some slightly used MR2s with Ferrari bodykits on them? :p

I can't figure out why they have decided to start filming the episodes a month before they go to air.

I know, it annoys me too. TGUK film on a Wednesday, goes out on a Sunday, so why can't TGA do the same so that the news isn't old school? As for the stunt inside the studio, it better be something good.

I can't figure out why they have decided to start filming the episodes a month before they go to air.

Is that the cutaway film segments or the studio stuff you're talking about?

If it's the studio stuff it'll play havoc with the news segments. But it will give them time to tune the final show. Better canned laughter etc, etc...

I did hear that the BBC (?) very nearly pulled the plug on series 1 at the eleventh hour due to sponsorship and advertising concerns. So maybe that issue has reared it's head again. Maybe the Mothership needs more time to approve each completed ep? Maybe they're also going to run each ep past more focus groups.

;)

that's...stupid. News will be horribly out of date by then. I guess the hosts must have other commitments or something.

Five weeks from filming to airing! They will have to change "The News" segment to "Welcome to Last Week". ;)

SBS have three episodes of Season 2 to go, why can't they just show them, a best of episode or two, and then launch straight into TGA?

I can see a weekly stunt getting old, like What were they thinking? did, it was a good idea, but doing it each week ruined it.

Anyone else find that quote to feel a little lame? It's like trying to entice someone to a party with "Oh gee, it'll be off the wall, we have soft drink; coke, fanta, sprite... diet coke.."

Anyone else find that quote to feel a little lame? It's like trying to entice someone to a party with "Oh gee, it'll be off the wall, we have soft drink; coke, fanta, sprite... diet coke.."

The funny part is I could imagine Warren saying that ...! 'We've got Coke AND Coke Zero ... wacko!'

^ could something along those lines .... or maybe, they are just going to park a motor bike in Steve's butt crack each episode. :dunno:

^ could something along those lines .... or maybe, they are just going to park a motor bike in Steve's butt crack each episode. :dunno:

For a bit of variety, they could use different types of bikes ...? One week it could be a trail bike, the next it could be a Hayabusa, and so on ...

Just got back from the filming of the first ep... the stunt (stunts? two segments could qualify) wasn't a bad one, and not one we in the audience expected.

One will bring a laugh, and the other is from a reference that none outside Aus would follow I'm afraid, but still comes across well enough.