TGAU Season 3 Likely

I'd love to see them say 'Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag'.

I emailed SBS about it and they said they 'had not been advised' about a new series of TGAU, but mentioned TG S13 coming on the 31st.

I think they way they would have said 'jaaaaaaaaag' would have sounded crappy compared to the Brits. I'm personally hoping they don't ruin it.

Friend of mine who works in a place that handles all the luxury car imports and stuff today had a Jaguar supercar that was en route for Top Gear Australia.

It could be for Top Gear Australia magazine, so let's not get too excited yet.

I'm not sure how much to read into this, posted by Steve on Twitter the other day.

"Nah, no news as yet sorry. There's no point filming this year anyways- we wouldn't make by the end of the ratings apparently."

http://twitter.com/stevepizzati/status/3300233900

The Australian TV ratings season finishes at the end of November. This suggests to me that if there is another season, it won't be going to air until February 2010 at the earliest.

I don't think it means what some people think it means (i.e. it might get axed halfway through the next season). SBS - unlike commercial TV stations - doesn't have a habit of axing shows half way through a season if they don't meet whatever mythical ratings results/other KPIs expected of it ...

The Australian TV ratings season finishes at the end of November. This suggests to me that if there is another season, it won't be going to air until February 2010 at the earliest.

I don't think it means what some people think it means (i.e. it might get axed halfway through the next season). SBS - unlike commercial TV stations - doesn't have a habit of axing shows half way through a season if they don't meet whatever mythical ratings results/other KPIs expected of it ...

Thanks. I was wondering how your ratings seasons ran. The thing is, it seems like nothing more for this entire year wouldn't give them long to prep for a Feb '10 series either.

Not to mention that even though it doesn't rate nearly as well as the UK version, TopGear Australia is still SBS' highest rating programme during its run.

They still haven't put up what's gonna be on after Series 13 finishes on SBS and if they still haven't sorted out anything for TGA Series 3, that's a long wait.

Yeah Steve has already said they won't be filming at all this year so it's definitely a wait.

I saw that on Pizzati's Twitter too. Noice.

Bold, fearless prediction: expect TGA Series 3 to go to air around April-May 2010. Whilst I'm making crazy predictions, have had a look at the tour schedule for TG Live. Looks like there's a break from 21 February 2010 in Auckland to 18 March 2010 in Cape Town.

Given that Australia is (relatively) close to both NZ and RSA, and there's a gap of about a month there, you reckon this might be a window to film a long awaited TGA vs TGUK crossover? Or, at the very least (he says as he goes slightly off-topic), a TGUK Aussie special for Series 15? :hmm:

Think about it, the boys fly from NZ to Australia, spend 3 weeks here to do an epic challenge and/or take the piss out of the Aussie boys, and then pop into Cape Town on the way home. You know it makes sense ...

Last edited:
Well, this post may be of interest as well. I'm going to feel really silly if the guy is actually in a band, because I thought (and still think) the implication was as Viper read it, but somehow I doubt it. I think he's being cagey because he has to.

Top Gear S3 to be shown on Channel 9 next year... not SBS.. according to 2UE. Possible host - Shane Warne ..(No!!!!!!)