TGAU Season 3 Likely

Oh dear god no. I hope this is just some idiot giving the host some fake news as a joke to scare his mates or something. Mind you, the only thing you get on the internet when googling it is http://www.tvseriesgalore.com/blog/?p=2295 <-- this, so it's hopefully just some horribly wrong rumor.

EDIT: ok, some other sites are reporting it, but they are all similar to the stuff on the site above and they all cite the 2UE host as their source. Very shaky... *crosses fingers*

(hang on, I don't even watch TGA!!!!!! :lol:. Guess I don't want to see it totally destroyed)

Last edited:
Oh dear god no. I hope this is just some idiot giving the host some fake news as a joke to scare his mates or something. Mind you, the only thing you get on the internet when googling it is http://www.tvseriesgalore.com/blog/?p=2295 <-- this, so it's hopefully just some horribly wrong rumor.

EDIT: ok, some other sites are reporting it, but they are all similar to the stuff on the site above and they all cite the 2UE host as their source. Very shaky... *crosses fingers*

(hang on, I don't even watch TGA!!!!!! :lol:. Guess I don't want to see it totally destroyed)

Yeah i have also heard today that this is the case, Nine Network, will be picking it up and it won't be on the main channel, but instead on GO!. It is only spectulation but other shows on SBS, ie South Park have already moved across to GO!

Top Gear S3 to be shown on Channel 9 next year... not SBS.. according to 2UE. Possible host - Shane Warne ..(No!!!!!!)

:cry:

I really hope this is a big fat lie. You just know that Nein would replace our TGA3 with Warnie, Glenn Ridge and some token chick. :sick:

It is only spectulation but other shows on SBS, ie South Park have already moved across to GO!

That is only because Nine now has a deal with Comedy Central.

Shane Warne and Jeremy Clarkson to host Top Gear Australia

By Katherine Firkin

HE'S known for his love of fast cars, now Australia's spin king Shane Warne will be revving up our TV screens as the host of a new series of Top Gear.

Warne, whose stable of luxury cars includes a head-turning black Lamborghini Superleggera, is set to front a new series with Jeremy Clarkson.

He is believed to be hosting six episodes of the popular motoring show, the Herald Sun reports.

In a TV coup Channel Nine is believed to have snared the rights to the motoring franchise from SBS.

Nine and SBS were both believed to have been in discussions with BBC Worldwide, which owns the rights to the motoring show fronted by Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

First-run episodes of Top Gear regularly top one million viewers on SBS.

Nine has confirmed that it has held discussions with Warne to host Top Gear Australia.

No formal agreement has yet been signed, but he is their pick to host the series.

A Nine source says an agreement is likely to be completed within days.

Channel Nine would not confirm any plans for Top Gear.

No deal has been signed, however a Nine source said an agreement was likely to be completed within days.

Nine CEO David Gyngell has been chasing the rights to Top Gear for eight months and recently spent time in London to lock down a deal.

The role would mark the first TV presenting gig for Warne - who has previously worked in cricket commentating roles.

Warne would be well suited to the hosting gig with his passion for luxury cars well documented. Warne's collection of luxury cars started in 1996 when he bought a Ferrari 355 Spider.

He has since bought another Ferrari - a 360 Spider in titanium - two Mercedes four-wheel-drives, two BMWs, and a Holden VK Commodore. and last year's Lamborghini purchase.

But it hasn't all been smooth sailing for Warne, who made headlines last year when he crashed his Mercedes into a tram.

The Aussie version has had two seasons on SBS, fronted by Steve Pizzati, Warren Brown and this year joined by James Morrison.

Source

Wow, that sounds like an absolute television coup. How in the world is Jeremy going to do all that in addition to 2 series a year of TGUK, TG Live, DVDs, columns, and everything else he does? Even if they film all the studio segments together in a few days, there's still all the taped segments. That takes months.

What kind of reputation does that website have?

News.com.au? It's reputable, but I imagine they're a bit left of the mark regarding Clarkson's involvement. I think the author of the article only used his name as he's part of the Top Gear universe.

He has since bought another Ferrari - a 360 Spider in titanium - two Mercedes four-wheel-drives, two BMWs, and a Holden VK Commodore. and last year's Lamborghini purchase.

Guess which car is totally out of place in this list...:p

Last edited:
Just wanted you to know I'm having hellish popunder problems on this website after visiting that link.

But it hasn't all been smooth sailing for Warne, who made headlines last year when he crashed his Mercedes into a tram.

I guess all news people are the same over the world...

It looks like you're writing a news article about a petrol head?

Would you like me to
  • mention global warming
  • include reference to past crashes?

Go on Microsoft, we know your paperclip can do it!

Just wanted you to know I'm having hellish popunder problems on this website after visiting that link.

Shouldn't be that website, it is basically the biggest online news site in Australia, so unless it was hacked, I doubt it would be them. The only ads you get on that site are ones for reputable companies (cars, banks, etc) and they don't do popups. Odd....

News.com.au? It's reputable

Barely.

That said, one of the few things news.com.au IS good at is celebrity/entertainment gossip, which is why I have a horrible sinking feeling. :cry: I've noticed that Steve Pizzati has gone awfully quiet on Twitter as of late. Co-incidence?

I suspect that if Nein DOES pick up TGA, the only host going over to Nein with them would be James Morrison. I can also see them getting either Glenn Ridge or a token chick (maybe Catriona Rowntree? She must be sick of Getaway by now). I also predict it will bomb out really badly in ratings, and will get axed after 2 or 3 episodes, with the rest of Series 3 being buried in some really obscure timeslot (like Sunday 1:30pm) on GO! before it disappears altogether.

You heard it here first.

Last edited:
Shouldn't be that website, it is basically the biggest online news site in Australia, so unless it was hacked, I doubt it would be them. The only ads you get on that site are ones for reputable companies (cars, banks, etc) and they don't do popups. Odd....

I hope not, but I've had this computer for years and never a problem. I've spent the past 5 hours fighting a trojan that showed up right after I read that news story.

A little more about this rumour:

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2009/10/top-gear-top-rumours.html

tvtonight.com.au said:
Yesterday a rumour on 3AW suggested that Top Gear Australia could be moving from SBS to Channel Nine -with Shane Warne as host no less.

The local version has had two seasons on SBS with Steve Pizzati, Warren Brown and this year joined by James Morrison.

The show is enormously expensive for the public broadcaster, and while it doesn?t pull the same figures of the UK original, it remains the network?s most popular local production, averaging around 600,000 viewers.

By moving to Nine the show would be under the PBL Media banner, which currently has publishing rights to the Top Gear magazine brand.

Yesterday, TV Tonight put some of the questions to the very coy players in the equation.

SBS has been in discussions with BBC about a third season for some months. Yesterday it had no further news on the state of play.

A spokesperson for BBC Worldwide simply said, ?I can confirm that BBC Worldwide is in discussions about the future of Top Gear, but can?t comment further while any negotiations with anyone are ongoing.?

If and when a third series is approved it would likely continue to be produced by Freehand Productions, which is part-owned by the BBC, although even that is yet to be confirmed too.

I guess there will be a shitload of cross-promotion for the Top Gear Australia magazine, as commercial TV in Australia is notorious for this. I'm also expecting SIABSC to be replaced with Channel 9 contractual obligations in place of SBS contractual obligations. Eddie McGuire in the Proton? It's more likely thank you think.

Ugh. My hopes and dreams for TGAU have now officially been put in a box, then put in a bigger box, then put in a bigger box, then mailed to myself where I proceeded to see it be smashed with a hammer by WARNEY. Far out of all people....

Well it was just getting good, and now they've killed it.

Please please please please please please SBS keep it.

I give it one episode, one episode on channel 9, before it gets axed.

I'd rather see the whole thing die than have it go to 9. Getting stuck on 9 is a fate worse than death for a show like Top Gear.

Top Gear is funny because it's politically incorrect at times, and they don't pander to sponsors or do anything to cushion manufacturer's feelings when they make a shit car. They tell it like it is. If TGAU goes to 9 you can kiss that sort of editorial freedom goodbye. I only hope the BBC recognise that and realise that doing TGAU with 9 would only serve to tarnish the brand in the long run.

And Shane Warne can fuck off. I like cricket, but I don't want to see him anywhere near Top Gear.

R.I.P TGA

Will not watch anything on Channel 9.

For an idea on what would happen Youtube search: The Chaser goes commercial.

No, no, no!!!! Please tell me this is a bad dream!!! I mean Warne- of all the useless ocker idiots to ruin TGA this would have to be the worst! Next someone will tell me that Sam Newman and Jules Lund (or whatever that gits name is) are co-hosting.

N O ! ! !