TGAU Season 3 Likely

Just posted on TGA website:
http://au.transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/10/21/new-host-for-tga/

The hills are alive with the sound of swirling rumour this morning ? the king of which being that cricket legend Shane Warne will trade leg spin for wheel spin as the host of a spanking new series of Top Gear Australia.

Journalists across Australia have worked themselves into a frenzy reporting Warne will film six new episodes of the local Top Gear show, to be aired on Nine sometime next year.

And at first glance the Aussie sporting legend seems a pretty good fit, with Warne?s stable of stunning rides ? including a sexy black Superleggera, a Ferrari 360 Spider and even a Commodore or two ? rivalling even Clarkson?s staggering garage and proving the king of spin is a closet petrol head.

We should know more soon, with a deal ?likely to be completed within days? according to Nine sources quoted in this morning?s papers.

So stay tuned.

How's that for vague and useless information.

If it was April first this would (might) be funny, as it is GOD NO!!!!!!
Shane Warne wouldn't even rate on my top 1000 people to host TG honestly Warne is the least believable TG host ever I would take Steve Pizzati or any of the current hosts over this idiot any day of the week. Moving it to nine - as has been said - guarantees maybe 3 episodes before axing even without Warne but I for one will NOT be watching it is that %*^&*%&^ is a host.

And jut to take this one step further if Warne is rumored to be the host what do we have to look forward to at TG Live????

This must be why they haven't released the 3rd mystery host of TG Live.

TBH, I'd rather see Charlie Cox and two Charlie Cox clones hosting TGA than fucking Warney.

TGA will probably become a horrible cross between The Car Show and The Footy Show.

Hmm, part of me wants this to happen, and witness the utter train wreck which will ensue, just for the pure schadenfreude of it all.

Warney is brilliant at discussing whether to place a fielder at silly mid off or not, and the difference between a leg break and a top spinner, but what does he have to contribute to about cars.

Having a stable of expensive machinery does not make you a motoring journalist or a tv host. Otherwise they may as well put on a coked up stock broker as well.

TBH, I'd rather see Charlie Cox and two Charlie Cox clones hosting TGA than fucking Warney.

TGA will probably become a horrible cross between The Car Show and The Footy Show.

The horror! The H-O-R-R-O-R!!

So...SBS will soon be 5,999,999 stories and counting then?

Even with JC co-hosting TGAU, the sheer backlash of having Warney on there kills this for me. And what does this mean for TGUK? Is JC breaking up the trio? :cry:

Sounds like utter crap to me.

God I hate TGAUS.

If TGAUS was a person I'd throw an egg at him.... yes.. im that angry.:p

Sounds like utter crap to me.

God I hate TGAUS.

If TGAUS was a person I'd throw an egg at him.... yes.. im that angry.:p

If TGAUS was a person I'd poo in my hand and throw it at them!

This ^. Besides which, if you have enough money to drag Clarkson away from the UK for a few months of the year (something even the Americans couldn't get him to do), why wouldn't you get Hammond and May, the TG3 make it work, not just Clarkson.

I'm sure SBS bought lifetime rights to TGAU and TGUK before the Australian version started. TGAU needs SBS, they are the only ones who will give it the time to develop. Nine will just throw money at it, then replace it with Two and a Half Men when it inevitably fails.

I hope these negotiations end with SBS doing another season.

If TGAUS was a person I'd poo in my hand and throw it at them!

If TGAUS was a person, I'd write them an angry email and I wouldn't care if they don't read it!

ABC's definitely more reliable, so i'd say this story's dead

THANK GOODNESS - Shane Warne = worst host ever

I cant believe people thought the story had legs in the first place, Top Gear is renowned for releasing bogus stories between seasons for a bit of free PR. Case in point being the female co-host story of last year.

The way I read the ABC story was that the "utter nonsense" was about Warne and Clarkson hosting together. Not that Ch 9 would not be taking over TGAU.

Just as long as SBS still has the airing rights for TGUK, the is peace with the world. I'd watch the SBS version with the current lineup. If Warne and Ch 9 take over, I will find something else to do. ANYTHING else to do.

Did anybody notice that Steve praised the ABC for bringing the BBC show Qi to Australia AND they reported that the whole Warne thing was nonsense? Perhaps TGA to the ABC instead?

Via his Twitter today.
"Thanks ABC for bringing Qi to Aus! Brilliant last night..."