TGAU Season 3 Likely

Its all bullshit everybody, BBC worldwide have themselves denied that Channel Nine have taken over TGAU

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/10/21/2719929.htm

It's only 'nonsense' because the BBC and Channel Nine havent officially announced the deal yet. F1 fans would remember the Ferrari/Alonso deal which was rubbished by Ferrari and Alonso's management team for months, right up until they announced he was signed.

The article doesn't deny that Channel Nine are taking over, it merely denies the fact Warne and Clarkson will host the show together. I can't see Clarkson doing it. He has enough committments with TGUK, Top Gear Live, and his family without this.

This must be why they haven't released the 3rd mystery host of TG Live.

If all of this does have some truth and Warne does become the host of TGAU and Warne does so happen to be the 3rd host of TG Live then I will demand a refund for my ticket!

As everyone else as said before, ANYTHING is better than Warne as host.

Oh well I dont really watch TGAU anyway lol im just worried about what its going to do to the TG brand and screenings of TGUK in Aust.

I can't see Clarkson doing it. He has enough committments with TGUK, Top Gear Live, and his family without this.

I can't see Clarkson doing it because he'd know it would be utter shite.

I can't see Clarkson doing it because he'd know it would be utter shite.

Perhaps Clarkson is flagged as a possible SIABSC? This could be where News.com.au, and their legendary fact-checking abilities, managed to come up with the purple monkey dishwasher that is Clarkson hosting TGA with Warnie.

I just hope the rest of the story is typical News.com.au purple monkey dishwasher, but I'm not confident. :|

This must be why they haven't released the 3rd mystery host of TG Live.

Hang on....

TGA.... TG Live.... Shane Warne... Third ho-

OH DEAR GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(will also demand a refund. Can't believe I would ever say this, but Shane Warne's complete and utter horrendousness cancels out the awesomeness of Clarkson and May. And that's a helluva lot of awesomeness :()

Well, maybe you guys had better start a letter writing campaign to BBCWorldwide and SBS and Steve to get who you want back!

will also demand a refund. Can't believe I would ever say this, but Shane Warne's complete and utter horrendousness cancels out the awesomeness of Clarkson and May. And that's a helluva lot of awesomeness
I think we should all just go along in some cheap and cheerful cars with slogans painted on the side and some megaphones. A protest like that could not be ignored.

^ count me and my car in :D

We could also try and get into the studio audience and just ruin the taping by chanting "WAAAAAAAAAAAARNEEEEEEEEEEEEEY" repeatedly until we either get kicked out or they realise it was a stupid idea drafting him in. Given I doubt that many people will want to go be in the audience now, I think we're in with a chance! :lol:

If Nine ended up getting the rights, I can quickly see people wanting to see Charlie Cox host the show again.

>_>

^ even though they are both blonde and desperately trying to hide male pattern baldness, I would definitely prefer Cox back. I am just one of those people who doesn't like Shane Warne just because he is Shane Warne.

It's only 'nonsense' because the BBC and Channel Nine havent officially announced the deal yet. F1 fans would remember the Ferrari/Alonso deal which was rubbished by Ferrari and Alonso's management team for months, right up until they announced he was signed.

The article doesn't deny that Channel Nine are taking over, it merely denies the fact Warne and Clarkson will host the show together. I can't see Clarkson doing it. He has enough committments with TGUK, Top Gear Live, and his family without this.

No offense but I would trust the BBC much more than some talk show host on some second rate Sydney AM radio talk show station called 2UE. Which by the way is the only source for this story.

The fact of the matter is there is no substantiated evidence and of the only two possible credible sources of information for this story, BBC worldwide or Shane Warne, one (BBC Worldwide) has came out and categorically debunked it.

^ They haven't debunked it, they have just denied that there has been a definite deal made whereby Shane Warne and Jeremy Clarkson would host it on Channel 9. If you look at the earlier quotes in this thread AND the top gear Australia website (the BBC one, not the shite SBS one), they haven't denied it and have in fact been very coy. That normally isn't the best of signs....

Anyone remember when Shane Warne was on Fifth Gear? Plato had him go around a track in a Golf R32. Warnie didn't know about the "racing line". He just didn't know what it was. He had no idea how to drive an automobile around a track. He didn't know where to brake or when to change gear. He didn't know about understeer. He didn't have any knowledge of the basic theory of driving around a track. I have never seen someone who seemed so uncomfortable and out of place behind the wheel of a car and also on television.

Also, anyone remember when TGAU was just starting up and the first host that was officially confirmed was one of the models from Sale Of The Century and it said he didn't have a license and owned a Vespa? That turned out to be bullshit and I bet this whole "Shane Warne" thing is bullshit as too.

My first thought was "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Then it was, "They're going to send it to it's grave. The current hosts have only started to work together."

Finally, "Channel 9? That means that they're going to put it on at some godforsaken hour and will executive meddle it to death".

I was trying to imagine Top Gear Australia on 9 but all I could see was The Car Show with Shane Warne.

The horror! The H-O-R-R-O-R!!

So...SBS will soon be 5,999,999 stories and counting then?

5 999 999 997 stories and counting (6 if silent stories count).

I've been thinking of a way to sum up the problem using TGUK, and I think it would be something like this:

"Tonight, I blow up some motorbikes, Richard rides a camel, and David Beckham drives the Dacia Sandero"

No offense but I would trust the BBC much more than some talk show host on some second rate Sydney AM radio talk show station called 2UE. Which by the way is the only source for this story.

The fact of the matter is there is no substantiated evidence and of the only two possible credible sources of information for this story, BBC worldwide or Shane Warne, one (BBC Worldwide) has came out and categorically debunked it.

^ They haven't debunked it, they have just denied that there has been a definite deal made whereby Shane Warne and Jeremy Clarkson would host it on Channel 9. If you look at the earlier quotes in this thread AND the top gear Australia website (the BBC one, not the shite SBS one), they haven't denied it and have in fact been very coy. That normally isn't the best of signs....

What she said.

Many believe that Top Gear USA was never launched because a US network would not allow it the editorial freedom necessary.

A few folks have posted that Channel Nine would exercise editorial control over Top Gear Australia, as well.

If this is indeed the case, then why would BBC Worldwide support such a move? Even if Channel Nine offered up more money in licensing than SBS was willing to match to keep the show, if Channel Nine is going to change the focus and exert significant control over the content, would that not just end up killing the show which would strike me as a rather Phyrric (in the King Pyrrhus sense) move. Such a move would only make sense to me if BBC Worldwide feel that TG Australia is not a viable property and feel it won't see a fifth season even if it stayed on SBS so they're just going to cash the biggest check they can.

Have most people seen this yet?
http://au.transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/10/23/tg-moves-to-a-new-home/

Top Gear Australia said:
Well, it?s official. There was an air of truth to the media frenzy this week about where the future lies for our favourite TV show.

It?s been confirmed today that Top Gear will be moving to a new home on the Nine Network early next year.

In a deal between Nine and BBC Worldwide Australia, Jezza, Hamster and Captain Slow will soon be appearing on Channel Nine, as well as a brand new series of Top Gear Australia.

?We are thrilled to create a unified home for the Top Gear brand in Australia? Julie Dowding, sales director for BBC Worldwide Australia, said in Nine?s press release. ?This country is Top Gear?s biggest territory outside the UK. We greatly look forward to developing its potential with a long-standing partner like Nine.?

No word on hosts yet. Steve has tweeted: "RE: TGA- Will let you all know when there is something to report. Promise."
http://twitter.com/stevepizzati/status/5091588990