TGR S01e05 subtitles

Karavai

Car(s)
Merc
Hi all. I made English subtitles for Top Gear Russia S01e05
You can download them here (*.srt)

I'm not great in English at all, so... :| as I know threre's no any of them for today, actually that's why I made them...

you can download TGR S01e05 via torrent here

Last edited:
Well thanks, I haven't checked them, but the effort is great.

If you would like to help with subtitling, please join the team, we'll be happy to see one more member. On a side note, you may have noticed threads here and there, so it would be nice if you have notified us of your effort, because now a good few hours of work of at least three people are wasted :)

If you would like to help with subtitling, please join the team, we'll be happy to see one more member. On a side note, you may have noticed threads here and there, so it would be nice if you have notified us of your effort, because now a good few hours of work of at least three people are wasted :)
What's the difference in using srt vs the ones you guys put out as subs?

I'm not sure. I've always used SubRip (srt) format for my parts before. Any decent player should pick them up (if the filenames match, that is). There's a thread specifically on srt files, which Viper used to link to ;)

It doesn't seem to support quite a few settings, as far as I'm concerned, though. So in some respect it's a less favourable format overall.

We had both in the torrent included, the .ass and .srt.

Shall we make a proper torrent from your subtitles, Karavai? I haven't looked at it yet, but may be we can go through it and see if there's anything to be corrected and make a torrent like with first 3 eps.

Guys, you may do with them all you want! But before, can anybody comments them? You know, I'm not a native speaker, so if they're rubbish there's no point to make torrent with them, I think...

I just finished downloading the torrent and the subtitles from the above links.
I had to change the name of the .srt file to be the same as the .avi file, but that did the trick and the subtitles show up now in my archos handheld media player as well as VLC player on windows.
*(for example "TopGear Russia 1x05.avi" and "TopGear Russia 1x05.srt")

I havent watched the whole episode yet, but look forward to it tonight! Much appreciated and hope you can work with the guys already doing subtitle work, Karavai!:)

I had to change the name of the .srt file to be the same as the .avi file, but that did the trick and the subtitles show up now in my archos handheld media player as well as VLC player on windows.
Yes, my mistake...
Certainly if you download avi via torrent (i didn't make that torrent, it's from Russian tracker) you should change filename, I just thought everybody will download avi from http link, which has the same name as .srt

Thanks again, Karavai! Just watched the whole episode. Subtitles worked without any problem!

Thank you so much for episode 5 karavai. As the others have said, subtitles work great.
But the best part was the torrent you gave us gave me a new torrent speed record. I hit 836kb/s which ive never had ever, so the episode was downloaded in like 10-15 mins.
Thnx again.

Guys, you may do with them all you want! But before, can anybody comments them? You know, I'm not a native speaker, so if they're rubbish there's no point to make torrent with them, I think...

Sorry, didn't notice your reply earlier. Yeah, I still want to make a proper torrent for mininova. How about we go through the script in our group (which you're very welcome to join: http://groups.google.com/group/tgrsub), and I'll PM you with out thoughts on it.

Subtitles

Subtitles

You need help with subtitles?

PM me at any time.

:)