TGUS Season 4 is "coming soon"

The_Resto

According to Rut Wood's Twitter the TGUS team just finished up a meeting to address a fourth season for the series. What hopes, changes, challenges, and vehicles would you like to see in the future shows?

I think a road trip in Britain could be cool, the 3 of them could either have the new cars maybe the stingray the new viper and some other new american car or used cars, can you get a car for less then the price of a rental car or something. It could all finish at dunsfold with the 3 hosts each doing a lap in the reasonably priced car.

I like the idea of Dunsfold. What are the current feelings about staying with the current format, or going back to the live audience and the power lap board?

Stay with the current format. The entertainment is in the challenges and cars. When it comes to the live audience and power lap board I think they're more like extra's and is a much more of a hit-or-miss experience.

I want them to make a Top Gear Challenge Special with the British hosts if the schedule permits it.

Would also like to see more challenges with affordable newer cars like the Toyota and Hyundai sports coupes

See that's what I struggle with. I agree with the more affordable car reviews and challenges. I won't say I liked the star in a car segment, but I liked the audience interaction (at least in the UK version), and the power lap times and would like to see it return. Especially if it would mean that they hype up The Stig to respectable levels of mystery and awkwardness in everything but driving. Basically re-restart and get back to basics on what has worked before.

Glad to hear it!

I've been enjoying the current format. TGUS needed to make their own identity and getting rid of segments that just weren't working over here was the smart thing to do.

What I would like to see in the future are more 3 car challenges using new cars instead of just old beaters. The Mustang vs Challenger vs Camaro being a good example. I would like to see the gang in some more exotics as well. But keep the cheap car challenges coming as well.

As for the Stig, I think they may have stumbled on a good use for him in the apocalypse vehicle episode. In the UK, The Stig is a member of the team, a hero so to speak (unless you write a book, then they'll burn you in effigy). In the US he can be treated as the villain, the outsider, the obstacle. Using him more in that fashion, chasing them down in a challenge or whatever creative ideas they can come up with. I think that would make a good distinction between his use in the US vs UK.

Lastly, don't let any of the hosts give up so easy during challenges (looking at you Rut).

One thing I would like to see is the scoring system going to points like they do in or at least used to do instead of this "I won a challenge and he won a challenge" winner takes all scenario because it adds a little more tension to when they finally tally up all the scores to see who wins.

I think they should do an outlaw episode. Get some old beaters and see what car would be best if they lived in the wild west. Or do a special. Lets see TGUS take some slug bugs across Europe.

How about a canadian hunting episode? Take some cars across canada/alaska. Or an old school trapper theme. Amphibious/offroad cars. Top TGUK by doing an episode across antartica.

The potential for more adventure episodes in great in TGUS. Do it!

1. Single-presenter reviews of new American cars / trucks / vans. Not the Fifth Gear route, more like JC's Needham reviews like driving a sports car in an indoor mall.
2. Take more advantage of RW's NASCAR connections somehow.
3. Since it's History Channel, why not video essays on obsolete US car history? Like what TGUK did with Saab, for example. A Best Suzuki car challenge could be a kickoff point. Or the best Willys Jeep inspiration.

TG USA Season 4 being filmed now, airing this Fall. Also Adam Carolla talks NBC Top Gear pilot.

Happy to hear that. I really like how Top Gear US is going so far, with its current format. Hopefully, they'll do something with the TG UK blokes, but mostly I hope they'll stop the "Tanner wins by default" results and lengthy recaps at the end of the commercial breaks.

Adam Ferrara posted on his facebook today saying he is meeting up with Rut and Tanner to film season 4.

I like the curret format, no stars, no Stig (he's kinda pointless with Tanner being there) and some neat challenges. My only suggestion is a US vs. UK episode and letting one of the other hosts win once in a while.

See that's what I struggle with. I agree with the more affordable car reviews and challenges. I won't say I liked the star in a car segment, but I liked the audience interaction (at least in the UK version), and the power lap times and would like to see it return. Especially if it would mean that they hype up The Stig to respectable levels of mystery and awkwardness in everything but driving. Basically re-restart and get back to basics on what has worked before.

They really don't need a Stig if you have a real race driver on hand.

The hosts spotting at Turnagain Pass in Alaska again filming. Helicopters, chase truck and the whole lot for filming.

One thing I would like to see is the scoring system going to points like they do in or at least used to do instead of this "I won a challenge and he won a challenge" winner takes all scenario because it adds a little more tension to when they finally tally up all the scores to see who wins.

tanner would win, the other two need more driving/racing time.

an idea would be for them to enter a 24hr race ^_^

24 Hour of Lemons. Against UK TG in a crap BL car.

I like that TGUS has done its own thing. I like the current format, and I'm actually finding myself excited for it to return. It took a couple seasons, but their personalities seem less fake now as well. I really enjoyed the Season 3 Finale as none of it seemed staged. I don't like when they stage stuff that comes off as "real" when it's so obviously staged. (That goes for TGUK too)