That one car...

Ahh, well than by all means go nuts. Half the fun is test driving :burnrubber:

Long story that was inevitable but I was hoping to avoid:

Alignment is not actually possible on my car according to my trusted mechanic, something about the German philosphy being replace rather than repair (DaimlerChrysler era). Regardless, the reason for the pull is that I rear-ended a Honda Accord that was apparently a lot more solid than my Sebring. Front driver's side wheel is pushed back about half an inch due to a bent subframe, costly and not necessarily possible to repair.

Fairly certain the Sebring is more Japanese than German. In any case, take it somewhere else, you can adjust those sorts of things.

I have a problem, that one car doesn't exist :(

I want an ultra comfortable but sporty 2 seat GT..... HOWEVER my current car is utterly tiny and all of the potential candidates to replace it are just too big and lumbering for my liking.

Fairly certain the Sebring is more Japanese than German. In any case, take it somewhere else, you can adjust those sorts of things.

His words, not mine. This Sebring got its platform from the Mitsubishi Eclipse I believe. As I said, I completely trust this guy, he's been a family friend and worked on a lot of our cars, but I really should get a second opinion just in case.

Even if I can get if fixed, it just means I get better resale value. I should be getting a car newer than 1996 for a 45 minute daily commute. Sebring has been good to me reliability wise but I only have about 10000 miles before the 80000 mark where they all seem to go wrong.

His words, not mine. This Sebring got its platform from the Mitsubishi Eclipse I believe. As I said, I completely trust this guy, he's been a family friend and worked on a lot of our cars, but I really should get a second opinion just in case.

Even if I can get if fixed, it just means I get better resale value. I should be getting a car newer than 1996 for a 45 minute daily commute. Sebring has been good to me reliability wise but I only have about 10000 miles before the 80000 mark where they all seem to go wrong.

My brother had a 97 avenger he took to 130000 with minimal problems. The transmission didn't even fall apart.

Figure I would add one more, my favorite Mustang:

bf88de8e5c044fc99501ad9acdbf8871.jpg

68 Fastback, 390 big block power. Mmm

That's a 67... The Bullitt in fact (notice the plate).

Dodge Neon SRT-4. Impreza-style rediculous bodykit and performance to match, packaged in a practical small 4-door. Matches a Porsche Boxster S in acceleration and is probably the only good handling Dodge ever made.

I think you're forgetting the car's daddy - the Daytona IROC R/T
DaytonaRT.gif

One of my dream cars for sure!

However, I keep coming back to this:

Dodge Neon SRT-4. Impreza-style rediculous bodykit and performance to match, packaged in a practical small 4-door. Matches a Porsche Boxster S in acceleration and is probably the only good handling Dodge ever made.

You... like skittles? :yucky: VERY cheap interior, ugly as fudge, fwd... yuck. No match for a wrx, imho
To each his own though, I suppose

<daytona>

OK, one of the few. That looks like a nice, uncommon alternative to a Camaro, actually.

And yes, I like bright colors. Black/gray/silver/gold/beige are so boring.

The Daytona R/T was pulling 0-60 in 6.3 sec, the 1/4 in the high 14s and achieved 0.84g on the skidpad. I don't think the stock F-Bodies matched those numbers.

E39 sexiness...

The second one is the 1970 Challenger R/T with the 426, or even a smallblock. The 440 Hemi would be the choice if we'd be talking about the '69 Charger (which is one of my dream cars too) I've been a fan of the Challenger since the day I got into american cars.. I absolutely love the styling, and almost everything about it.
Pic
I could go on but those two are the ones that drive me crazy.

440 would be the "Six Pack." The 426 was the only Hemi option. And I will take a '70 Roadrunner with said Hemi and a pistol-grip 4 speed in matte black with Cragar SS's :D

Mine used to be the FC RX7. I used to hang out on all the forums and what not but eventually got sick of the community constantly bitching about HP/litre vs V8's, and shooting down any idea as stupid because "the factory engineers are smarter than you!" or it hasn't already been done and proven before.

I picked up my obsession, the 318. I just couldn't find anything else that suited my fancy. I'm not much into heavy front engined cars with massive engines, I prefer light weight and nimble... especially when the roads here have little protection from 1k+ foot drops.

Too unreliable, constant engine rebuilds and other finicky issues with the motor. It is a awesome car, know a guy who has a e85 powered 1993 FD, runs mid 10s all day at the track.

So which is it? unreliable and constant engine rebuilds or "runs mid10's all day at the track"? If it can do the latter, it's far from the former.

As I've said before, any problems with rotaries are 99% the owner and their inability to mod them correctly. FD's did have their issues from the factory but it's well documented how to solve those problems. Rebuilds are only due to idiots who can't A) keep their finger off the boost controller or B) Insist upon trying to cram more air down the intake without giving it more fuel.

This isn't a "shoot down cars other people want and recommend some eurobox that everyone else wants" thread...

miata_1stgen_f34.jpg

Don't laugh, I even bought the Road and Track article collection for it.

I've already perused the SCCA Spec Miata rules and picked out the 15" gunmetal Panasports I need to make it less girly...as well as the V8 swap that will come way later when I get bored with it in its current condition. Ford 5.0, or Chevy LSx? These are the questions that try men's souls.

The LSx is lighter, but IIRC the 5.0 fits easier to shove in the miata. I've been in v8 fc's with both engines, and I'd have to seriously wager on the side of the 5.0. The sound of a Ford small block drifting a massive sweeper is just incomparable...

Easy. Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV.

92803d1203189102-convention-track-events-thread-la-spina-gtv-road-america.jpg

God damn I wish I could have afforded one of those when I bought the 318...

DaytonaRT.gif

I know someone with one of those, and it's got all the best bits you can get to make a fast dodge (lotus head, forged internals etc)+ massive turbo. He tried to get a guy bragging up his 750hp Supersnake new mustang to race him... guy pussied out against a little ol' 80's shitbox :rofl:

Last edited:
440 would be the "Six Pack." The 426 was the only Hemi option. And I will take a '70 Roadrunner with said Hemi and a pistol-grip 4 speed in matte black with Cragar SS's :D

Yeah, meant to say 426 Hemi.
Not that the 440 would be a bad engine, but it's a bit too heavy and big for the Challenger. Suits the bigger Charger better IMO.

Edit: Sry for the double post.

Last edited:
The LSx is lighter, but IIRC the 5.0 fits easier to shove in the miata. I've been in v8 fc's with both engines, and I'd have to seriously wager on the side of the 5.0. The sound of a Ford small block drifting a massive sweeper is just incomparable...

I know you touched on the LS engine being lighter, but just to highlight how much lighter, Keith from FM has weight figures which show his LS1 to be lighter over the front end than the FI'd BP engine it replaced.

vette boss said:
^ Just wait until all the gearboxes are gone. :p

Lucky for him, there is a company that makes adapters to various transmissions, as well as a kit that makes the 5th gear shaft significantly stronger.

I know you touched on the LS engine being lighter, but just to highlight how much lighter, Keith from FM has weight figures which show his LS1 to be lighter over the front end than the FI'd BP engine it replaced.

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The LS is one LIGHT as hell production engine. The Germans only cought up to it in the passed couple of years. Hell an FD's TT-13b-rew weighs only a few lbs less than an LS.

The BP/B6 engines aren't all that light though, or so it may seem. The guy who did the KL-de v6 swap says that in similar trim the 1.6l engine is only 10lbs lighter than the v6.