That one car...

Your avatar is a 71 or 72. It only has single headlamps :p

Just noticed that. The '70 model is far superior, although the '68-9 cars look good too.

Either a Mk2 MR2 with a V6 swap or an MR2 Spyder with a 2zz. Aka the poor man's Lotus Evora and Elise, respectively.

It's always been the Golf GTi, Subaru STi, or the Audi A4/S4's. Have tried looking at others, but in my mind, I've always looked back at those wanting to get them instead.

Mazda MX5, Lancer Evo VI TME, Lotus Exige, Caterham 7.

I just saw one of these the other day. It really is a stunning beast. Especially, for us Europeans. Although, the interior was a bit LOL :)

Yes, a friend om my sister used to have a red one.
A bit of upgrading needs to be done, but that's ok!

3320579122_ce9a2715d7.jpg

I love every little thing about this car, apart from the I-could-never-afford-it-in-a-million-years price tag. The sound and the looks and the way it goes when you put your foot down...ok I think I need a moment to myself.

Ive always wanted an E30 or E36 M3. I love the look of the 30 and love the mental screaming inline 6 of the E36.

Other than that, a 90's JZZ80 Supra. Turbo or non turbo, im not fussed but MUST be manual.

FD/FC RX7s have been the cars I've researched most, then bottled out of buying quite a few times now. I've even come close to buying a few rotary engines for my own car but chickened out at the last minute. But, next car for me is definitely the new SS Camaro, or the Z28 if they ever decide to put it into production.

Since the E39 M5 was launched, I've been dreaming of It all the time... They're not that expensive anymore, so owning one might be possible in the coming years.. It's just the perfect car for me. I've always loved the styling, and the engine is pure sex.
0510_05z+Dinan_BMW_E39_S3_M5+Front_Side_Burnout.jpg

The second one is the 1970 Challenger R/T with the 426, or even a smallblock. The 440 Hemi would be the choice if we'd be talking about the '69 Charger (which is one of my dream cars too) I've been a fan of the Challenger since the day I got into american cars.. I absolutely love the styling, and almost everything about it.
1970DodgeChallengerHemi.jpg

I could go on but those two are the ones that drive me crazy.

Last edited:
Already got the first one I'd been thinking of for years but now I'm on to the '71 Plymouth GTX/Roadrunner.

Darby_71PlymouthGTX.jpg

Last edited:
For me it is the Mk IV R32.
I like the looks, the sound, the interior, the quality feel, the NA VR6 engine, pretty exclusiv, the 4 wheel drive system, the practicality... everything...
I drove one for a few hundred kilometers, since then I was in love. It's like a little muscle car.

I've lusted after the BMW M-range since about age 10. When I was younger, the M5 was just the business, and it still is today. For the past few years, especially as I learn more about Jaguar, I want an XJR. I tried to buy one a when I bought the Passat, but there weren't any well kept ones in my area.

Figure I would add one more, my favorite Mustang:

bf88de8e5c044fc99501ad9acdbf8871.jpg

68 Fastback, 390 big block power. Mmm

I'm looking to buy a car sometime in the near future as I suddenly took on a long daily commute, and my current car's pull to the left is tiresome at the top end of highway speeds (I can only imagine the impact on tire wear and fuel economy too).

Luckily, that daily commute comes packaged with significant increase in income, so I've been looking for something a bit more unique, but not entirely unpractical. I've considered with various levels of seriousness the VW Corrado, a 90s Camaro or Firebird, MR2 just like the one mentioned in this thread, and pretty much any moderately sporty coupe that has back seats.

However, I keep coming back to this:
0305tur_01z+Dodge_Neon_SRT4+Front_Driver_Side.jpg

Dodge Neon SRT-4. Impreza-style rediculous bodykit and performance to match, packaged in a practical small 4-door. Matches a Porsche Boxster S in acceleration and is probably the only good handling Dodge ever made.

I'm looking to buy a car sometime in the near future as I suddenly took on a long daily commute, and my current car's pull to the left is tiresome at the top end of highway speeds (I can only imagine the impact on tire wear and fuel economy too).

Alignment is $70, SRT-4 is $7,000. Now which would be the cost effective solution, especially considering the SRT-4 probably gets the same gas mileage.

Long story that was inevitable but I was hoping to avoid:

Alignment is not actually possible on my car according to my trusted mechanic, something about the German philosphy being replace rather than repair (DaimlerChrysler era). Regardless, the reason for the pull is that I rear-ended a Honda Accord that was apparently a lot more solid than my Sebring. Front driver's side wheel is pushed back about half an inch due to a bent subframe, costly and not necessarily possible to repair.