Ownership Verified: That time FinalGear bought a Munich Roadster (MX-5) to drive from Germany to Finland

That's the weirdest Miata I've ever seen. Some of these mods are crazy!

It was fun to join the Miata -minimeet.
Thanks Public & Lastsoul!

Yes, I rode in the blue one. It was mind-blowing :)

- - - Updated - - -

CIgPDjfXAAEJ02u.jpg

So, you have seen the light :D Tend to be expensive rides.
Blew a Audi TT with it last year, he thought he's 225 would rock, he thought wrong.

It's nice car, not too fast but good fun. You can have almost that amount of power with stock engine and it wont cost arm and leg.
Sturovo manifold, downpipe and exhuast, used 2560R, ebay IC, FM happymeal, EV14 injectors, DIYPNP and you have the 320nm that stock rod's take. Tho you might want to upgrade your brakes to 1.8 with good pad's and better suspension, plus LSD wont do harm. But it will give 360 Ferrari something serious to think.

That's the weirdest Miata I've ever seen. Some of these mods are crazy!
What is that?

Last edited:
SJGVfDT.jpg

QX6coHt.jpg

xPtBP2j.jpg

xAtbr0m.jpg

Back home after a summer holiday tour of Finland. Car is at 173k, I should probably try and save the tires a little so they're not completely worn out after/during the FinalGear Roadtrip...

9y6rD6l.jpg

Upgraded the tired old speakers to new Pioneer ones. If you're wondering why the left one looks so bad, it's because I accidentally reversed over it with the car after it was removed.

4A7n0gV.jpg

cJsEWn6.jpg

There! Sound was improved, and now I can crank the volume without getting annoyed at the crackling and hissing.

GU0G2wt.jpg

I also fit MXM's iPod connector to the changer input, so now I can control the phone with the head unit. Doesn't charge the phone though.

Had the brake fluid and clutch fluid changed, for 30 eur /labour and 8 eur for the fluids.

V5V9Xz7.jpg

The clutch fluid has been black and horrible-looking until now, so it was nice to get it done. No nipple problems this time.

Not a bad price for a task that is simple but PITA to do. I'm still debating if I should add speakers or not.

Anyway, the clutch fluid will be black in a couple of months. Rubber seal or something else turns clutch fluid black all the time. That doesn't affect performance however, so changing the fluid is still very wise thing to do. Just to let you know, so you won't be surprised when it happens.

CKiL170XAAAxryr.jpg:large

CKiL11oW8AACqpj.jpg:large

CKiL16wXAAAK8LU.jpg:large

CKiL158WIAE_UXX.jpg:large

Washed the car and polished it, and necessary stickers added finally...

Also, noticed the trunklid rack wasn't even on straight :lol: Some adjustments later it is now.

X5NHyTF.jpg

Over 8000 kilometres later, I'm back in my hometown. The car's been to Nordkapp, Nordschleife, Norderstedt and Nordsj? (Vuosaari), with a load of stickers to celebrate the tour. As it's been said, the issues on the trip were the alternator trying to wiggle itself loose after the last Ringlap and a coolant leak that was due to a hole in a rusty little pipe, both fixed thanks to Nicjasno and MXM.

I spent a weekend in Helsinki after the trip, went to a festival and just now drove a 500-kilometre stint with the car full of beer :lol:

wghM52w.jpg

So I need this, because there's a hole in mine.

H7DXjQJ.jpg

Right there next to the yellow blob.

Autolink MX5 quotes 170 eur + shipping, Mazda parts desk 270 eur. Hope I can find a junk part that's not in terrible condition.