Ownership Verified: That time FinalGear bought a Munich Roadster (MX-5) to drive from Germany to Finland

ZFeCm8K.jpg

I tried the boot cover/tonneau cover/Persenning on. I don't know if it's strictly necessary, it's quite simple to mount but on the other hand it's yet another hassle compared to a top that folds whenever I want it to.

MVCPLLC.jpg

It does hide the still-split rear window.

It will make using the roof a bigger hassle as you said = more time topless

Topless is always a good thing! I like it!

As much as I love the comfort and class offered by the 13" steelies on 70 profiles, I picked these up from Lastsoul today:

8DioDHN.jpg

A little bit of cleaning should make them suit mine just great.

And those Federal 595 RS-Rs are perfect for a track day ;)

You've ruined him with those Federals. He won't know what to do with the rest of his tires.

You've ruined him with those Federals. He won't know what to do with the rest of his tires.
That's a federal offence!

The federals are pretty much as close as you get to the limit of road legal in Europe. Only step between is Toyo R888, Federal 595 RS-RR and similar.

The federals are pretty much as close as you get to the limit of road legal in Europe. Only step between is Toyo R888, Federal 595 RS-RR and similar.

I replaced those 595 RS-Rs with Yokohama AD08R. Similar concept, but even better. Fantastic dry grip, progressive transfer from grip to slide etc. Biggest difference is wet grip, Federals are safe, but Yokohamas are sticky. Downside is the price, of course. Those Federals offer almost unbeatable value for money, and they seem to last too.

public, thanks for the coffee!

2C6sT3e.jpg

Wheels are on! It did take some impromptu planning to get the job orchestrated.

I was planning to just cram them inside the car, but that was made more difficult as I had some luggage and also another set of Peugeot 205 GTI wheels.

With the van I was driving for the weekend, I hauled the wheels to the town where our office is and where the MX-5 waited, and proceeded to buy a floor jack from Perc. I swapped the wheels on and contacted a BL enthusiast I know from the same town, telling him I had some rust-free steelies for his project Civic. He appeared soon, gladly accepted the steelies and ended up buying the floor jack, too :lol:

Ypl0IHp.jpg

Fit the center caps. They're nice, but it doesn't look bad without them either.

With the van I was driving for the weekend, I hauled the wheels to the town where our office is and where the MX-5 waited, and proceeded to buy a floor jack from Perc. I swapped the wheels on and contacted a BL enthusiast I know from the same town, telling him I had some rust-free steelies for his project Civic. He appeared soon, gladly accepted the steelies and ended up buying the floor jack, too :lol:

If that isn't Wheeler Dealing, I don't know what is. :lol:

I might get a suspension kit from the local Miata forums at some point. But I don't really want to compromise the ride, it's pretty good now.

Just been driving the car without fixing anything on it. Passed 190k a little while ago so I need to get the oil changed, and I still haven't done the end link; changed tires today and the link looked so rusty I didn't want to spend any time negotiating with it. I could probably soak it in Rost-Off, but I'll just have it done at the same time as something else. The rockers really need to be done this winter, the rear ends look hopeless and the rear arches aren't happy either. I haven't been caring much, since getting them done means the same amount of effort whether there is a little rust or a little more. The 405 needs $$$ more, so it's the one getting it.

14736321_338416389851868_4129465369813319680_n.jpg

Car is a treat to beat on the Yokohamas, which look terrible close up. I decided to run the VW hubcaps this year. :lol:

First page of the thread, your red gauge cluster. I just realised, you have an oil temperature gauge. How's that? Previous owner swapped the pressure gauge out?

It's not an oil temp gauge, D-Fence just thought it was one. It's still a bit off, reading too much.