The $15 cup of coffee

Zuhaib

Car(s)
19 BMW X3
Ok crazy Zuhaib at it again with the insanely priced coffee. Its not the first time.
http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/the-20k-cup-of-coffee-24827/
and
http://forums.finalgear.com/off-topic/more-crazy-coffee-places-26376/
Anyways, if anyone here a true Coffee fan you likely already know about Hacienda La Esmeralda, http://www.haciendaesmeralda.com/ , pretty much considered some of the best coffee in the world. And its not cheap

Ritual Coffee in SF has been one of the new "wave" of coffee shops that are trying to see a more unique style of coffee compared to the stuff we get from Starbucks and etc and they have a limited supply and you can check the price http://shop.ritualcoffeeroasters.com/products/hacienda-la-esmeralda-panama

Now I would love to get a bag but that is crazy, now something cool they offer is pretty much they will make you a single cup of any coffee they have on hand. Its not cheap but they use the latest high tech method, the Clover Machine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clover_Equipment_Company which is so good that pretty much Starbucks bought them and has taken them off the market and set them to be only placed in Starbucks.
So how much is one cup of this special bean, just as the title says, $15... Yes $15. I was not crazy to get it myself and decided to split it so I can share the guilt. So how do $15 coffee bean look like? Like regular coffee bean

(Note: I am not sure actually if that is of the Hacienda La Esmeralda, at first she pulled the wrong beans but quickly figured out her mistake and opened up a new pack but rest assured they both looked the same. But I cant recall if i took the photo before or after she caught the mistake)

So they grind it up in a special grinder just for the clover and off to the clover it goes

And what does $15 coffee at the end look like, regular coffee

Now for the big question, flavor. Well, its hard to put in to words (they always are for me), but the closest I could agree to was a very strong flavor yet smooth, if that makes any sense. When I think strong coffee you get a very cigar like taste, but this tasted like a lot of fruits and flowers yet had a kick to it. It was different, and you could tell this is not the regular stuff I have at home.
Is it worth $15, yeah if I had money growing in trees.... But it is just one of those "I had to try it once" type of things

Hmmmm... ridiculously expensive coffeh!

large_homer.drool.jpg

Do want!

I hate coffee. I'm somehow getting sick of it... don't know why, it's not the coffein. So I guess i wouldn't notice any difference between some vending machine coffee and this expensive one :p
But anyway.... enjoy it :)

Man, some people take coffee way too seriously. I can respect that, however (usually). :D

I'd like to try it too, just to see what good coffee tastes like. Did you "ruin" it with sugar and cream?

i don't understand people who put sugar in their coffee

either they can't make good coffee, or they actually want to be drinking coke...the bitter taste is all what coffee is about!

i do put a very little bit cream/milk in my coffee though...

either they can't make good coffee, or they actually want to be drinking coke...the bitter taste is all what coffee is about!

I douse mine in sugar when it's house coffee aka coffee at work. House coffee is crap water to my tastebuds but I need the caffeine. I douse it in sugar just to add a little more kick and get me on a sugar high (which I will straight away concede is not good).

If it's something nice like Sumatra, Kenya, or French Roast I put almost no sugar in and only a tiny bit of milk/half-and-half.

I also do add milk to regular coffee because of the acidity and plus there's an Indian preparation that involves milk, chicory, and foam and deliciousness.

Zuhaib, I must go visit Ritual Coffee now, next time I'm up North. Thanks for the recommendation!

Wierd, i've never heard of Finca Fern?ndez, do me a favor and taste that stuff will ya?

Man, some people take coffee way too seriously. I can respect that, however (usually). :D

I'd like to try it too, just to see what good coffee tastes like. Did you "ruin" it with sugar and cream?

Coffee is the very reason work gets done in most work places.

we get awful coffee supplied at work so as a result I always have white coffee with two

There is a coffee shop just south of SF that actually has that Coffee Beans! Have not looked the prices, and while I do love coffee that is one I refuse to try!

I have had the Jamaican Blue Mountain, which are traditionally grown coffee and it as well was great! Its was also pretty pricey, but I did not have my camera to document the great moment. A great excuse to go out and try it again :p

Last edited:
I can't tell the difference between coffees. I've done Folders, Yuban, Maxwell House, Gevalia, Starbuck's, Don Francisco's (or something like that. Different ones in Stater's Brothers). I've even started buying whole beans and grinding 'em

Even with all that, I like Burger King's coffee the best. I dunno why. I've been trying to replicate it.

I can't tell the difference between coffees. I've done Folders, Yuban, Maxwell House, Gevalia, Starbuck's, Don Francisco's (or something like that. Different ones in Stater's Brothers). I've even started buying whole beans and grinding 'em

Even with all that, I like Burger King's coffee the best. I dunno why. I've been trying to replicate it.

Try pouring some hot water on gravel