The 2010/11 EPL Thread ? English Premier League

Shit... looks like my second place prediction for us was off. :p

Even as an ardent Arsenal fan I feel so, so sorry for Reina there.

Sunday, 15 August 2010
Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Saturday, 14 August 2010
Aston Villa 3-0 West Ham
Blackburn 1-0 Everton
Bolton 0-0 Fulham
Chelsea 6-0 West Brom
Sunderland 2-2 Birmingham
Tottenham 0-0 Man City
Wigan 0-4 Blackpool
Wolverhampton 2-1 Stoke

(Man Utd play Newcastle Utd on Monday.)

Chelsea looked scarily good against WBA.

Liverpool and Arsenal, despite the draw, showed some class, as did Spurs who were unlucky. Also, I was a bit disappointed not to see a start for Fabregas or Torres, if they are they injured already, that is not a good start to the season.

None of the mid-table clubs really showed much, but its early days, I suppose.

Wigan, West Ham and WBA looked poor, with a lot of work to do on the training grounds this week.

Not a great weekend for goalkeeping, apart from Joe Hart?s performance, plus Everton?s away kit ?what were they thinking?? :lol:

Nice result for Blackpool, something for them to look back on, come next May.
:)

Everton's away kit - is that an attempt to attract the pink pound to Everton - which as we all know is in Liverpool city of culture - and missing wheels.

Chelsea looked scarily good against WBA.

Really? WBA were pretty much the match of them in the first half (despite being two goals down) and then they just folded in the second half. I wouldn't say Chelsea actually looked that good.

We've had yellow for a pretty long time now. The Everton kit really is a shocker though!

Well...what can i say? Except welcome back Newcastle;)

Really? WBA were pretty much the match of them in the first half (despite being two goals down) and then they just folded in the second half. I wouldn't say Chelsea actually looked that good.
Well the MoTD highlights were misleading then and I thought the relentless goal seeking & scoring looked like a team who mean business this season. :p

Well...what can i say? Except welcome back Newcastle;)
Yeah, welcome back geordie dudes, tough game to start with. The BBC Sport website declared the game "a comfortable win" for Man U.

Fuck, Nasri is out for a month. As if we weren't lacking a creative force in midfield already in that 'pool match.

Fuck, Nasri is out for a month. As if we weren't lacking a creative force in midfield already in that 'pool match.

Its not an Arsenal season until we have our entire first squad on the bench being hurt.

Its not an Arsenal season until we have our entire first squad on the bench being hurt.

Haha, Frimpong's broken himself too now :lol: Fortunately, looks like Wenger is serious about buying Sebastien Squillaci... he didn't play in Sevilla's Champions League match. :D

I tell my friend who is a huge Man U fan that if Arsenal ever got a chance to break into 2 teams, our first squad and second squad, our second squad team could finish in at least a Europa league spot vs. the rest of the Premiership, because we have so much depth due to the fact that literally half our team is hurt/dead/maimed at some point in the year. Its getting to be insane.

I tell my friend who is a huge Man U fan that if Arsenal ever got a chance to break into 2 teams, our first squad and second squad, our second squad team could finish in at least a Europa league spot vs. the rest of the Premiership, because we have so much depth due to the fact that literally half our team is hurt/dead/maimed at some point in the year. Its getting to be insane.

United is the same though.

PIG
Fabio, Evans, Smalling, Brown
Park, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs
Owen, Hernandez

That team could challenge for the Top 4 I reckon.

Welcome to the Premiership Blackpool.

Monday, 23 August 2010
Man City 3-0 Liverpool

Sunday, 22 August 2010
Fulham 2-2 Man Utd
Newcastle 6-0 Aston Villa

Saturday, 21 August 2010
Arsenal 6-0 Blackpool
Birmingham 2-1 Blackburn
Everton 1-1 Wolverhampton
Stoke 1-2 Tottenham
West Brom 1-0 Sunderland
West Ham 1-3 Bolton
Wigan 0-6 Chelsea

Arsenal are brilliant to watch when they play like that and the Blackpool fans really enjoyed their day out in London. The good news is the Gunners are buying French defender Sebastien Squillaci.

Good fightback by Birmingham and another by Wolves for the point at Everton. Spurs away win at Stoke was a good result with their home reputation, even if it wasn?t a great game. The Hammers were trying but are struggling in defence.

Chelsea didn?t look at all scary again this week, no not at all. :p

Who turned up in Villa shirts against the Toon? WTF
A good result for City and equally bad one for Liverpool, as an early season test.