The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

Sweet fancy jesus, the Algeria goalkeeper is earning his keep today.

God this is dull, I hope England lose for being boring.

:lol:

Couldn't agree more; though I was glad to see the Algerian goalie is better than it first seemed! Fingers still crossed for a surprise Algerian win.

A 1-0 Algeria victory would be the best thing for the USA team, as I understand it...

God, they had a perfect PERFECT opportunity to go ahead of Algeria and they blew it comprehensively. :lol: England, please pack your bags, this is pathetic.

God, they had a perfect PERFECT opportunity to go ahead of Algeria and they blew it comprehensively. :lol: England, please pack your bags, this is pathetic.

It's like they don't even communicate with their teammates.

Edit: a goal for England appears imminent, the back line of Algeria seems to be getting tired and sloppy.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes football for those situations? The hand of god, the wembley goal etc. I don't like the whining. What you do is man up, swear revenge and destroy them when you meet again.Terrible referee decisions are a part of this sport and I wouldn't want it any other way. Screw video evidence. I noticed this with Australia before. They were bitching like crazy in 2006. If you want to be taken serious as a football nation...score more goals than the opposition. :D

The ENG - ALG is atrocious. Goal...anyone?

Last edited:
Boring England game.

At least the USA game got everyone here in the world cup spirit...
http://img59.imageshack.**/img59/9031/soccerk.jpg

Am I the only one who likes football for those situations? The hand of god, the wembley goal etc. I don't like the whining. What you do is man up, swear revenge and destroy them when you meet again.Terrible referee decisions are a part of this sport and I wouldn't want it any other way. Screw video evidence. I noticed this with Australia before. They were bitching like crazy in 2006. If you want to be taken serious as a football nation...score more goals than the opposition. :D[...]
I?m all for accepting what happens and not whining about a referee decision (wembley goal etc) ... but I also want the game to be fair, a test of skill. If cheating pays off (the "hand of god" comes to mind), something?s gone wrong. Very wrong.

*throws plastic chair in Algeria's general direction*

But really, we were shit. Good news for Slovenia, though.

Last edited:
Pathetic work from England really, sad to see a collection of good individual players involved in a rubbish performance.

But props to Algeria!

Once again England proved just how equal they were than another team at international football. Luckily, I stopped watching the game to have dinner and was pleasantly unsurprised to see that nothing had happened.

Awesome. Now if England loses to Slovenia, 'mericuh just has to tie Algeria to advance.

What is it that Rooney said about Algeria?

"Against Algeria we can not be at our best and win the game,"

Suck it Rooney!