The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

watching the Greece Vs Nigeria and can't believe just how badly Nigeria have fallen apart.

Argentina looked really good did they not?

Ummmmm best team so far I'd say.

easily the best offense of the world cup (duh, can't really go wrong with messi, tevez, higuain, aguero and milito) but the rest of the team doesn't seem too impressive, and now samuel apparently hurt his hamstring or something? we'll see how good they are when they go against another country with good offensive side and see how their defense works out in a tough spot.

just realized how shit the tournament layout is, especially now that spain fucked up. if switzerland wins group h and spain comes in second, which seems the most probable scenario now and assuming brazil wins group g, we're gonna see brazil - spain in the top 16...that's just wrong. even in the best case scenario they'll be facing each other already in the top 8 already. not cool.

Last edited:
Argentina looked really good did they not?

Ummmmm best team so far I'd say.

I didn't see this game, unfortunately, because I was at work.

But I did see their first game, and based off that - they certainly weren't the best team so far - that honor goes to Germany.

Greece ? Fortunate
Nigeria ? Shambolic
Argentina ? Impressive
South Korea ? Outclassed
Mexico ? Industrious
France ? poor

Riberey seemed to be the only French player who had his merde together. How can so many great players make up such a poor team?

Does any one else think that French Coach Domenec is a look a like for the bald eagle from the Muppets? :D

Haha, there are like 120 drunk Mexicans in front of my windows cheering! Mexico, fuck yeah!

if i was a betting man i'd be putting my money on Germany at the moment. the teams that have been winning have either been winning through luck or bad defense on the other side. Argentina may be good but i can't see them getting much past the knockout stages. Greece were just outright lucky and i can't see that luck repeating itself.

if i was a betting man i'd be putting my money on Germany at the moment. the teams that have been winning have either been winning through luck or bad defense on the other side. Argentina may be good but i can't see them getting much past the knockout stages. Greece were just outright lucky and i can't see that luck repeating itself.

I think we need to wait for all the second matches to have happened before making any judgments. Argentina looked quite good today, South Korea not as good as they did. Uruguay looked very good as well.