The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

LupoGirl said:
this sucked so bad... (stupid ref)

The dutch CANNOT complain about the ref, he kept their whole team on the field for most of the match barring the second yellow in ET.

Their should have been 8-9 of your guys left towards the end.

don't suppose anyone knows who won in the ratings for the final last night between the BBC and ITV? i'd really love it if BBC rubbed it in their faces. each time i see Adrian Chiles on tv i have to resist the urge to punch the tv.

FTR. Netherlands finished the tournament with 25 yellow cards (1 red card). Second highest in yellow was Germany, with 13 (1 red).

Second highest in yellow was Germany, with 13 (1 red).
.. of which five, including the yellow-red, were received in the match against Serbia. The ref in that match was seen as overly nitpicky not only in Germany.

.. of which five, including the yellow-red, were received in the match against Serbia. The ref in that match was seen as overly nitpicky not only in Germany.

t7JFP.jpg

100% agreed.

What I would like to see going forward is a better way to appeal red and yellow cards (After the match). Because whatever system they have doesn't work considering that no cards ended up being overturned (if they were even appealed).

Final thoughts.

-Honduras managed to survive against the world champion :D.
-I'm actually quite sad that Rueda didn't used all 3 of the palacios in any game. it's breathtaking to watch.
-Enjoyed the final, not the most interesting game ever I'll admit but quite watchable.
-That Falcon kick was definetely a red card
-lovely fireworks display.
-No sushi.
-Conversation with my dad:
Me: As a reward, the octupus will recieve a anime doll
Dad: really? why? what does it have to do with the final?
Me: (stares) god bless you and your uncorrupted mind.

-We're starting planning for 2014.

In their last 50 games, the current world and european champion was beaten by two teams: Switzerland and..... USA!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/ZLiEw.jpg

Um, wrong. The probability of guessing 8 games (which is how many he guessed) is 0.39% and even 5 games would be only 3.1%. Fail.

Um, wrong. The probability of guessing 8 games (which is how many he guessed) is 0.39% and even 5 games would be only 3.1%. Fail.

Already been pointed out on the source hahaha, but that's missing the point.