The 2010 South Africa world cup thread!

My vuvuzela just arrived in the mail today. All you haters don't know what you're missing out on, it's SO MUCH FUN!

I'm sure it is...

wjb5l3.jpg

:p

not mine, Buffy_09 made it

My vuvuzela just arrived in the mail today. All you haters don't know what you're missing out on, it's SO MUCH FUN!

damn! Good point. I was need to get one as well.

LOL, was about to type in exactly what google suggested in that first line....
http://img248.imageshack.**/img248/4153/vuvugoogle.jpg

edit: where can I buy a monkey/hedgehog? wtf...

Last edited:
from BBC News
France World Cup squad suspended for Norway friendly
The French Football Federation has suspended all 23 members of France's World Cup squad for their next game. New France coach Laurent Blanc requested that no member of the squad be selected for a friendly against Norway in Oslo on 11 August. France failed to win any of their three group games in South Africa.
The campaign included players boycotting training in support of Nicolas Anelka, who was sent home for insulting coach Raymond Domenech. The sanction means France's opening qualifier for Euro 2012, at home to Belarus on 3 September, will be the first opportunity for any of the 23 to feature in a Blanc squad. Blanc said: "I obviously cannot act as if nothing had happened in South Africa. I followed the events with sadness, I was disappointed with the sporting results and I was shocked by certain behaviours. I will integrate these elements into my analysis and my thoughts. I always had the principles, rules of conduct and not just in my sporting life. They have not changed and I will not change."
The crisis that engulfed Domenech's last tournament as national coach resulted in the resignation of FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalettes, with his successor due to be unveiled on Friday. The one-day training strike, on 20 June, came after Chelsea forward Anelka was sent home from the tournament following a heated exchange with Domenech at half-time during the defeat to Mexico on 17 June.
France captain Patrice Evra accused a "traitor" within the party of leaking details of Anelka's rant to the media and of destabilising the squad, and the skipper was then seen arguing with fitness coach Robert Duverne at the start of the scheduled training session.

Duverne stormed off the training ground and the players headed for their bus and refused to train, leaving Domenech to read a statement to the press on their behalf. Former France defenders Lilian Thuram and Marcel Desailly called for Evra to be banned from national team duty over his part in the insurrection, and Escalettes took a similar stance. But Blanc said upon his unveiling as Domenech's successor: "It is not for me to decide on sanctions. I am not the bogeyman. If I consider they are the best players in their position, I will take them." Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has admitted that the decision to strike was "completely stupid".

The Lyon star told French sports newspaper L'Equipe: "We acted as a team. To strike was the decision of a squad who felt lonely, who believed that no-one had stood up for them and who had a message to convey. "We went too far. It was a very awkward decision, a big mistake. It was completely stupid. But there were so many problems. We all want to improve the image of Les Bleus. We must make all possible effort, give everything. It's important for us. We must go back to basics - respect for the jersey, of course, the team and the institution of France. We have a great desire that what happened in South Africa should not happen again, that there should be no self-destruction like that any more." Meanwhile Fernand Duchaussoy has been named as the FFF's interim president. President of the Ligue du Football Amateur since 2005, the 67-year-old Fernand Duchaussoy succeeds Jean-Pierre Escalettes, whose resignation was accepted at a 2 July 2 meeting of the federation's federal council but stayed on until a successor could be found.
original article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8849972.stm

*Likes how the Demot thread is being put to good use* :p

North Korean football team shamed in six-hour public inquiry over World Cup
North Korea's football team has been shamed in a six-hour public inquisition and the team's coach has been accused of "betraying" the reclusive leader's heir apparent following their failure at the World Cup, according to reports

The entire squad was forced onto a stage at the People's Palace of Culture and subjected to criticism from Pak Myong-chol, the sports minister, as 400 government officials, students and journalists watched.

The players were subjected to a "grand debate" on July 2 because they failed in their "ideological struggle" to succeed in South Africa, Radio Free Asia and South Korean media reported.
The team's coach, Kim Jong-hun, was reportedly forced to become a builder and has been expelled from the Workers' Party of Korea.

The coach was punished for "betraying" Kim Jong-un - one of Supreme Leader Kim Jong-il's sons and heir apparent.

The country, in its first World Cup since 1966, lost all three group games ? including a 7-0 defeat to Portugal.

The broadcast of live games had been banned to avoid national embarrassment, but after the spirited 2-1 defeat to Brazil, state television made the Portugal game its first live sports broadcast ever.

Following ideological criticism, the players were then allegedly forced to blame the coach for their defeats.

Only two players avoided the inquisition - Japanese-born Jong Tae-se and An Yong-hak, who flew straight to Japan after the tournament.

However, media in South Korea said the players got off lightly by North Korean standards.

"In the past, North Korean athletes and coaches who performed badly were sent to prison camps," a South Korean intelligence source told the Chosun Ilbo newspaper.
original article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...n-six-hour-public-inquiry-over-World-Cup.html