The 2015 Mustang

I've heard a lot of crazy things, but I think it's safe to say that the Mustang won't come in a 4 door body.
4doorstang3.jpg

Nor will it be a wagon.
669Mustang_wagon.jpg

Last edited:
I've heard a lot of crazy things, but I think it's safe to say that the Mustang won't come in a 4 door body.
4doorstang3.jpg

Nor will it be a wagon.
669Mustang_wagon.jpg

Is there a render of the current Mustang as a shooting brake? I'm wondering if it's a sexy as I'm imaging it.

Is there a render of the current Mustang as a shooting brake? I'm wondering if it's a sexy as I'm imaging it.

Don't even joke like that.:glare:

Let's just be happy that those 4 door/wagon grotesque monsters never made it into the sunlight.

EDIT: Seriously though, I've been looking and I can't find one of the current gen.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, I should point out that 'grotesque monsters' was a joke. I thought the hyperbole would make it obvious. I like the look of that 4 door concept, but I feel like making a 4 door/wagon and calling it a Mustang, and making it look like a Mustang is pointless, seeing as it probably wouldn't share the chassis, and therefore wouldn't be the same car.

Last edited:

Don't be so sure, just because that photoshop looks like ass.
[/DodgeCharger, anyone?]

Don't even joke like that.:glare:

Let's just be happy that those 4 door/wagon grotesque monsters never made it into the sunlight.

EDIT: Seriously though, I've been looking and I can't find one of the current gen.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, I should point out that 'grotesque monsters' was a joke. I thought the hyperbole would make it obvious. I like the look of that 4 door concept, but I feel like making a 4 door/wagon and calling it a Mustang, and making it look like a Mustang is pointless, seeing as it probably wouldn't share the chassis, and therefore wouldn't be the same car.

Oh, come on! A Mustang shooting brake could be awesome! Heck, they've made some pretty nice looking Aston Martin and Ferrari shooting brakes before. Even Corvettes! Besides, there'd be historical precident behind it, as I believe there was, in the very least, a concept version of the '65 Mustang as a shooting brake.

making a 4 door/wagon and calling it a Mustang, and making it look like a Mustang is pointless, seeing as it probably wouldn't share the chassis, and therefore wouldn't be the same car.
See G35/350Z they are both basically the same car underneat with 35 having a 4 door option.

Yes, but they don't look the same or have the same name. If Ford releases a V8 4 door or a wagon or something like that, it'll probably be released as a different model entirely.

EDIT: New Crown Vic? Fairlane? A new model name entirely? Probably not 'Mustang', as people think of it as having 2 doors and 4 seats in either a coupe or fastback body since 1964.

Last edited:
Yes, but they don't look the same or have the same name. If Ford releases a V8 4 door or a wagon or something like that, it'll probably be released as a different model entirely.

EDIT: New Crown Vic? Fairlane? A new model name entirely? Probably not 'Mustang', as people think of it as having 2 doors and 4 seats in either a coupe or fastback body since 1964.
That was more a response to platform sharing than a car having the same name.

Yeah, but the G35/G37 is available both as a two door and a four door. (note: the Infiniti G is the JDM Nissan Skyline).

Maybe they will use the same chassis, I don't know, what I was trying to say is that they probably won't make a wagon or shooting brake or 4 door 'Mustang'. Most people don't think of a wagon or shooting brake as very sporty. I know Top Gear UK and US have proved that they can be, but most people are just ignorant of the glorious knowledge these shows provide. Most people will think "so, the Mustang is a wagon now, no thanks, I want a sports car." They think of the 2 door coupe/fastback body as being quite sporty. Ford might use the Mustang to make a shooting brake or wagon or whatever, though to preserve the image of the Mustang, it probably won't be called 'Mustang'. It would be cool to have a sporty V8 wagon at an affordable price, it'll just probably be called something else. Other sports cars may come in 2 and 4 door variants, and the 4 door is probably the most likely (if they do something like this). Most people are just to used to the shape and size of the Mustang to accept radical changes. That's what I was trying to say before, sorry for speaking in such an unclear way. :unsure:

There probably will be a four door car based on the upcoming platform, it'll be called the Falcon.

There probably will be a four door car based on the upcoming platform, it'll be called the Falcon.

PLEASE let us have it in the US.:grin:
Ford really should line up a competitor to the C300 and the Charger.

EDIT: They're exporting the Mustang, part of the 'one Ford' thing. We got the Fiesta and the Focus that the Europeans were getting, hopefully they'll bring over the the Falcon. Though they stopped making it in '91, right? Or am I terribly mistaken? Oh, I see that's it's still being made as the FG in Australia.

Last edited:
Maybe they will use the same chassis, I don't know, what I was trying to say is that they probably won't make a wagon or shooting brake or 4 door 'Mustang'. Most people don't think of a wagon or shooting brake as very sporty. I know Top Gear UK and US have proved that they can be, but most people are just ignorant of the glorious knowledge these shows provide. Most people will think "so, the Mustang is a wagon now, no thanks, I want a sports car." They think of the 2 door coupe/fastback body as being quite sporty. Ford might use the Mustang to make a shooting brake or wagon or whatever, though to preserve the image of the Mustang, it probably won't be called 'Mustang'. It would be cool to have a sporty V8 wagon at an affordable price, it'll just probably be called something else. Other sports cars may come in 2 and 4 door variants, and the 4 door is probably the most likely (if they do something like this). Most people are just to used to the shape and size of the Mustang to accept radical changes. That's what I was trying to say before, sorry for speaking in such an unclear way. :unsure:

To be honest, I think about 99% of all shooting brakes are custom jobs anyways, usually someone with money who can affoard to hire a coach builder to make the changes. Which is why you see Astons and Ferraris being turned into shooting brakes. It's such a niche market it's hard to justify mass production. Granted, I think pretty much every case of a mass-produced/factory built has resulted in relatively good sales.

To be honest, I think about 99% of all shooting brakes are custom jobs anyways, usually someone with money who can affoard to hire a coach builder to make the changes. Which is why you see Astons and Ferraris being turned into shooting brakes. It's such a niche market it's hard to justify mass production. Granted, I think pretty much every case of a mass-produced/factory built has resulted in relatively good sales.

It would be useful, and I've encountered the limited luggage space in my Mustang, but I really like the style of the Mustang. I don't think I'd sacrifice the style for more luggage. I don't know how it would make it handle either. When I buy that GT650, it won't be a wagon/4 door/shooting brake.

I think a V8 wagon/sedan from Ford would sell be a good idea. They don't really have a competitor to Cadillac right now.

I wish Ford would make Lincoln into a competitor for Cadillac. Right now they seem to be trying to compete with... who knows really? And it's making me bored. and sad. Maybe there really wasn't room in today's market for Mercury, but if Ford ends up having to kill off Lincoln, it will be all their fault.

I wish Ford would make Lincoln into a competitor for Cadillac. Right now they seem to be trying to compete with... who knows really? And it's making me bored. and sad. Maybe there really wasn't room in today's market for Mercury, but if Ford ends up having to kill off Lincoln, it will be all their fault.

2007-ford-interceptor-concept_100170269_m.jpg

fordrightmoves.jpg

Me too.

i actually like that top 500 concept very much. They should make into a ford fairlane on a rwd platform.

i actually like that top 500 concept very much. They should make into a ford fairlane on a rwd platform.

Very nice! Though what would be its place if we also get the Falcon? RWD 4 door with lots of power; it's cool, but we probably only need one. Maybe it'll be sold as the Falcon in other markets, but the Fairlane here (US). The Mustang is supposedly going to be build on the Falcon platform, but it might be a bit of a stretch to build a smaller, lighter Mustang on the same platform as that (which looks quite large, heavy, and focusing more on comfort).