The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Watching the convention

It's probably better to watch it live streaming vs the news channels that are talking over the introductions. It's clear they are missing the scenery chewing and camera pans over an audience.

10:30 math live is complete

Next Colin Powell, John Kerry, Jill Biden

Well second night done and the most boring night because of having to get through the count that was slightly entertaining. (gots to hit up Rhode Island for some Rhode Island calamari)

Tonight Chuck Schumer said 170,000 dead of Covid so we can look forward to Trump correcting him that it's 171,799 dead like how he mocked the prior recorded Michelle Obama for not attributing him with the additional 20k+ that he desperately wanted credit for killing.

For posterity:

I had gotten so entranced last night I didn't post it but I had posted Obama's comments to the Donald's page. For Donald to make Obama's argument for him live... Excuse me, I have to see an optometrist about my eye rolling.

Last edited:
When will people figure out that the GOP is not interested in democracy, only their own power.

The first people killed in Rwanda were moderate Hutus. When will they learn? They won't learn even as the blade falls.

Fox News Is Right: Any Idiot Can Read Off a Teleprompter

like I’ve said, do not trust the postal service. You must vote in person.

That's what Trump is pushing for, vote in person. I understand there needs to be a balance of safety and fraud. We accept higher possiblity of fraud of mail-in voting for absentees because that's the only way they can exercise their voting rights without undue burden (of going to a US embassy in person). Trump is right, if you can "protest", you can vote in person. The mail-in voting should be opt-in for elders and anyone with a medical condition, but the rest of the voters should vote in person to minimize voting fraud.

That's what Trump is pushing for, vote in person. I understand there needs to be a balance of safety and fraud. We accept higher possiblity of fraud of mail-in voting for absentees because that's the only way they can exercise their voting rights without undue burden (of going to a US embassy in person). Trump is right, if you can "protest", you can vote in person. The mail-in voting should be opt-in for elders and anyone with a medical condition, but the rest of the voters should vote in person to minimize voting fraud.

Colorado has had vote by mail without a problem for years. It's not balancing safety and fraud it's just that he and Republicans don't like people voting. There is not a higher rate of voter fraud that's just Republican propaganda. They are trying to slow down voters getting ballots and sending them back in. In Colorado most don't return their ballot by mail they put it in a drop box. In Pennsylvania Trump is suing to prevent drop boxes.

Absentee votes are rejected at a higher rate because in states without universal mail in voting the only voters voting by absentee are older and have poor signatures.

Trump can vote by mail and he attends protest but my father who hasn't gone go any protest must vote in person and risk his immune compromised life? That's a crock.

If we're coming up with hypothetical ideas: Make voting by mail the default and voting mandatory with a $50,000 fine and 5 year prison sentence for failure to vote.

Last edited:
He should make exemption for elderly for sure. But there's no reason why the majority of people who are at minimal risk of dying from COVID to vote by mail.

What does your hypothetical idea have to do with mail-in voting? Having the option to not vote is also a right. We should not be making voting mandatory. I have not voted in any previous elections, because I don't feel like either party will make a big difference, I shouldn't have been forced to choose. But now that I see there is a big difference between the two choices, I will exercise my right to vote.

This whole debate is just utterly ridiculous. Voting is a fundamental right and you can even call it a duty. Just this week, I mailed my application for an absentee ballot (local elections in Germany) and I have been able to do so in every single election, no questions asked.

If some US states had problems with fraud, they would need to improve their systems, not destroy them. This entire “voting by mail is fraudulent” story is nothing but a lie concocted by the Trump campaign so that they have a “reason” to call the election result into question in case they lose.