The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

The first Black woman to represent California in the United States Senate, Kamala Harris grew up believing in the promise of America and fighting to make sure that promise is fulfilled for all Americans. Kamala’s father immigrated to the U.S. from Jamaica to study economics and her mother immigrated from India. Kamala’s mother told her growing up “Don’t sit around and complain about things, do something,” which is what drives Kamala every single day.

Kamala started fighting for working families in the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office, where she focused on prosecuting child sexual assault cases. From there, she became the first Black woman elected as San Francisco’s District Attorney. In this position, she started a program to provide first-time drug offenders second chances with the opportunity to earn a high school degree and find a job.

In 2010, Kamala became the first Black woman to be elected California Attorney General, overseeing the country’s second largest Justice Department, only behind the U.S. Department of Justice. In this capacity, she managed a $735 million budget and oversaw more than 4,800 attorneys and other employees. As California Attorney General, Kamala fought for families and won a $20 billion settlement for California homeowners against big banks that were unfairly foreclosing on homes.

Kamala worked to protect Obamacare, helped win marriage equality for all, defended California’s landmark climate change law and won a $1.1 billion settlement against a for-profit education company that scammed students and veterans. Kamala also fought for California communities and prosecuted transnational gangs who drove human trafficking, gun smuggling and drug rings.

Since being elected to the U.S. Senate in 2016, Kamala has introduced and co-sponsored legislation to help the middle class, increase the minimum wage to $15, reform cash bail, and defend the legal rights of refugees and immigrants.

Kamala serves on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence that deals with the nation’s most sensitive national security and international threats. She also serves on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee where she oversees the federal government’s response to natural disasters and emergencies, including the Trump administration’s response to COVID-19.

On the Senate Judiciary Committee, Kamala has held Trump administration officials accountable and was a powerful voice against Trump’s conservative judicial nominations.

Kamala graduated from Howard University, where she was in the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority, and earned a law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of Law.

Kamala has been married to her husband Doug for the past six years. She is the stepmother of two children, Ella and Cole who are her “endless source of love and pure joy.”

TOGETHER WE WILL BEAT DONALD TRUMP

Last edited:
I don’t trust that Biden will win. Because so many think that mail in ballots will work, I fear people will lazily default to that and not continue to watch how the postal service is being fucked. Due to that, I think voting in person is all we have whether we like it or not.

^ yeah because pollsters would completely reset their models to four years ago despite correctly predicting the last three elections.

I don’t trust that Biden will win. Because so many think that mail in ballots will work, I fear people will lazily default to that and not continue to watch how the postal service is being fucked. Due to that, I think voting in person is all we have whether we like it or not.

There should be a drop box or a place you can drop your ballot off to. That is what I plan on doing. At this juncture, I can't be to sure about voting in person due to health problems. My Absentee Ballot is already ordered.

There should be a drop box or a place you can drop your ballot off to. That is what I plan on doing. At this juncture, I can't be to sure about voting in person due to health problems. My Absentee Ballot is already ordered.

In states like Colorado with universal mail in voting there are drop off boxes.

Super excited for Biden/Harris bought another lawn sign.

I think that Democrats excitement is muted in comparison with loons. The irrational excitement of idiots is hard to eclipse. On the other hand spend a couple hours making phone calls to Democrats and independents. I think the excitement amongst the party at large, independents, and former Republicans is adult.

Donald called Harris the most liberal member of the Senate. Must have come as a surprise to Bernie Sanders that he had lost that position too.

IMG_20200811_204729205.jpg

Last edited:
Biden, because trump is that bad.

Biden, because trump is that bad.
or

Biden, because investing in having a healthcare policy is better than Trump trying to remove protections of preexisting conditions

Biden, because police violence requires investment in change vs Trump firing CS gas into protesters to hold a bible upside down.

Biden, because Covid requires more than magical thinking like Trump saying it will all go away by easter

Biden, because it's not just about fixing what Trump broke it's about building back better!

So it begins.

or

Biden, because investing in having a healthcare policy is better than Trump trying to remove protections of preexisting conditions

Biden, because police violence requires investment in change vs Trump firing CS gas into protesters to hold a bible upside down.

Biden, because Covid requires more than magical thinking like Trump saying it will all go away by easter

Biden, because it's not just about fixing what Trump broke it's about building back better!

You're living in a fantasy world. The Affordable Care Act, which Biden will continue with, leaves tens of millions of Americans uninsured. Biden wants to increase police funding, and his idea for preventing killings of civilians by police is to train them to shoot people in the leg.

Biden won't rebuild anything. We should all be hoping that he can and will save things like the ACA, social security and Medicare, the national parks, the EPA, etc.

I agree with @93Flareside This is about getting rid of Trump in an attempt to stop things from becoming worse.

I agree. The only thing exciting about Biden, is the tantrum Trump will throw on his way out.

What I find interesting is that people brought up shot about Biden and people went “people can change!” Yet the same argument with Trump, people disagreed. Now, trump has shown he can’t change and Biden.... I haven’t looked into him much to see. Have we forgotten about the Anita Hill debacle?

This is clearly a case of the lesser of two evils. While one is clearly worse than the other, it does not make the least worse a good choice, just the better than the other.

On the upside, we will see far less crazy.

Doesn't this make you long for Hillary though?

This is clearly a case of the lesser of two evils. While one is clearly worse than the other, it does not make the least worse a good choice, just the better than the other.

On the upside, we will see far less crazy.

Doesn't this make you long for Hillary though?

Like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth.